I don't know if I can do it

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Like be a mum?

It's a lifelong commitment and means you have a little person relying on you forever!

How do u know if your good or not? What if I don't get on with him?

You'll be fine Hun! I'm sure of it. Im sure you'll have plenty of support also. Try not to worry about it. I reckon you'll be agreat mum!xx

No-one knows hun, sounds like end of PG nerved to me. You'll be fine :) xx

Pinky, I think we al at one point think about how good a mum we will be, whether we'll be able to cope be a good mum etc.

Its perfectly natural as your about to tart a whole new chapter in your life :) but trust me, as soon as you see your little man all your worries will disappear :) Im sure you'll be fine..

And we are all here for support xxx

Worrying that you can't do it, is a great sign that you're going to be great at it x
You can doubt yourself as much as you like, but the moment that baby is put in your arms...you'll just know that nothing will stand in your way x
Worrying is just going to make you feel worse so what's the point of doing it? Trust yourself and your OH x

Don't stress about it too much, it's a natural fear to go through. Once you have him in your arms and you get some sleep and into a routine, you will find that you will be a wonderful mum. I can already tell that you will be a caring mummy as you are worried him :). Just take a deep breath and take it one step at a time.

It just comes naturally hun! Even when your struggling you just carry on. I'm not gonna lie its hard but it really is worth it. You'll be a fab mummy I'm sure :) xx

Know exactly how you're feeling pinky but my main worry is just the fact I can't be selfish anymore :(. No more just popping out shopping at the last minute without having to plan anything and I just generally worry about all the responsibilities that come with it

Thanks girls he's been great with me tbh! I've been very quiet today lol!

I've been panicking about not having silly things like a top and tail bowl for eg he's had to stop me running out the house to the nearest mothercare to spend a fortune of things we might not need! I'm finding it very hard not to pack more in our hospital bags too!!

hi, everyone has these fears i felt the same with my 1st i was convinced he would be better off without me. you soon realise when ur up at 3am and dont mind that your natural instincts kick in and you will do anything. the fact you are worrying says you already will do anything and you will be fantastic

Sent from my S3C6410ZYOF using Tapatalk

Just don't expect it to be perfect, nothing ever is :hug: You will love him and he'll love you, that makes up for lots of little annoying things xxxx

Since coming home I've felt like this a couple of times, but it's all just hormones. My oh is amazing at looking after us both, now we've been home a few days and the midwife has been to check on us and told us we're doing everything right I feel brilliant. So if you are ever unsure don't forget there's always advice here, but your community midwives are there to help too. You'll be great x

I so hear you. I had a meltdown last night a blubbed to DH that at the grand old age of 38 I can barely find my own arse with both hands! So how am I possibly gonna cope with being responsible for a miniature human being.

I have to keep reminding myself that we've got everything we need. First time mums do this everyday. And we're not idiots. We have loads of support just here in the forum nevermind anywhere else. We've just got to calm down and get on with it for a few weeks whilst we learn and settle into it.

I'm not surprised you are having a wobble what with tomorrow looming. I have every confidence in you to have a good birth and be a good mum. I know it's easy to say but do try not to obsess tonight. Enjoy your evening with OH and be excited about meeting your LO very soon.

We all feel the same as you hun. I am an aunt to 32 children n godparent to 2 but am panicking about having a baby 24/7 n not recognising what her cries mean. Am sure its a learning curve we'll all get past hun xx

Not helping my nerves that OHs in a mood because Arsenal didn't win :|

We have loads of support just here in the forum nevermind anywhere else. We've just got to calm down and get on with it for a few weeks whilst we learn and settle into it.

I'm not surprised you are having a wobble what with tomorrow looming. I have every confidence in you to have a good birth and be a good mum. I know it's easy to say but do try not to obsess tonight. Enjoy your evening with OH and be excited about meeting your LO very soon.

WSS ^^ Perfect ;) You'll be a fab mummy chicky, don't you doubt it xx

Last edited:
Seriously hon you will be fine, you will love your baba more than u thought possible and any thoughts of your previous life just disappear, the first couple of months are such a whirlwind of chaos you have no choice but to get on with it and instincts kick in, before you know it you wake up one morning with a giggley smiley 3 mth old who can pick up his toys and chatter in his own language and you realise that your a proper mum and you clearly do know what ur doing and your baby is doing just fine :)

My advice don't worry bout not having things, newborns need very little we had completely over bought and didn't use half our stuff!!! You don't need a top and tail bowl just use a normal bowl or a tipperware box! It's only to hold water in :)

My advice don't worry bout not having things, newborns need very little

So true, I had close to nothing when I was born, I slept in my plastic bath because my parents couldn't afford a cot and look at me, I'm a big pregnant girl now :D

Aww hun youll be fine. I have a touch of the baby blues and constantly breaking down but my oh and mum and sis have been really supportive and I'm sure youll have support too. You have all of us anyway. It's perfectly normal to feel like that. You learn So much everyday. And when you feel down watch him when he's sleeping it melts your heart or even just comforting him or holding him It's the best feeling ever. And think It's only for a little while even though it seems to go on forever. Plus the more concern you have the better xxx

I felt exactly the same just before I had my 1st daughter. I am in agreement that as you have questioned yourself, you've already proved yourself as a great mummy.
I teach in a primary school, and the children in my class that I believe have parents who are not the greatest, are the ones who would never doubt themselves! They are the ones who when I call them in because I am concerned about something, they either don't turn up, or ignore me completely! No questions asked!

You will make a great Mum, and your little person will be super lucky to have you!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back