• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I did it.*Updated Pg 3*

Yes i would go for a woman, most of the time they are more understanding about cycles, saying that i have had a few nice males too.

I went back to my old GP practice recently and went for my smear with nurse first and asked her which GP was best regarding gyne ect.. and she recommended one and she was great :) some GP's make you have check up with nurse when you register so if you get to go ask her as they are usually pretty good and will tell you who to go for :)

I'm really pleased for you missJ xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I filled in the forms as soon as OH came home with them, they're placed on the table, all ready to be dropped into the surgery tomorrow. :D I need to pop into the old one as well and let them know we're changing GP's as this apparently speeds up the process of them sending on our medical records... Whether or not this is true, we shall see! ;)

x

That's great MissJ :)

I actually found the male GPs better regarding fertility treatment, but i imagine a women should be more understanding about period issues.

The women were kind of career girls and the guys were a bit more "give the missus what she wants" lol ;)

Thanks Louise. I will ask the nurse if she recommends anyone. I popped into the practice today to drop my forms off and would you believe it, before I can register, OH and I have to fill in MORE forms, bring I.D. and get blood and urine tests done by the new surgery. They sound thorough and the waiting room was lovely, bright and very clean. The receptionist was chirpy (makes a change eh?) and I'm really looking forward to our first appointment. :)

We're popping back tomorrow to give our new forms back and get an appointment as the receptionist said we would both need to come in, it'll have to be for next Wednesday as OH is off work then.

Excited! How long will that last for, I wonder? ;)

x

Edited to add - It asks on the form whether I have any gyno problems and also whether I've been pregnant before. I'm wondering whether I should say no because if I put yes, would they think I don't need any help and it's actually just a matter of time?

Last edited:
Won't being preggers be on your notes from when you asked the mean ass doc whether you could have bloods?

Mind you, if you do say no there won't be anything to prove it other than what you said so you could just blag it must have been a faulty test.

If you are having a full blood count thats great as you need that before getting referred anyway, as far as gynaecological problems I would tell them very long cycles and mid cycle spotting, it's better to give them the full picture I think.

Well done anyway Hun, hope hubby's ok now too.

Xx

Hey Maybe. :wave:

No, we didn't get to see the GP before I started bleeding so there'll be nothing in my notes about it. So I should probably just say no and just include the gyno bit instead.

I've never had a smear test done, I didn't think I was able to as I'm only 21?

x

Ahh cool, go with no for sure then.

There's been a lot of controversy about the smear age, I would get one on the back of your spotting, I forgot you were only 21, I hope that's not why they've not listened to you so far, they don't like referring you at the best of times!

Xx

I'll ask about it when I see the nurse. I can always explain the gyno stuff to her when I see her as well. :)

x

Great MissJ, wont be long till your appointment

I agree with maybe just put the gyno stuff down

I think everyone in UK should get smears from 21, up here in scotland we get them from 21.

Cant wait to hear when your appointment is, as maybe says a FBC is always a good idea too.

xx

Thanks Nurse. :) x

I went to the new surgery yesterday with hubby to hand in our next lot of forms, we've got THREE appointments for next week! Our first two are on Monday and are with the nurse for a general check up as part of registering, she will do blood tests on both of us and we've got to hand in a urine sample each - nice! ;)

The next appointment is on Thursday with a GP, I don't know who it is with yet, but I will speak to them on Monday and find out, I think it's a female doctor though. I booked a half an hour slot as it is their maximum and I explained we would have lots to talk about - I can't wait! :yay:

When we left, OH said he much preferred the new surgery to our old one and he was actually keen to get going! I was pretty surprised as he was so against it at first but I'm so glad because it means I can relax a bit and not feel like I'm dragging him along. Funniest thing happened though, as we were discussing it all, our old GP (the crappy git one) pulled up in his car next to us at the traffic lights!! :dohh:

Overall, a fab day, really pleased it's moving along and was impressed to get all the appointments in one week and so soon as well! I expected to be waiting weeks for an appointment. :)

Onwards and upwards!! :yay:

x x

Ahh great news Miss J! :)

I'm really please for you, I hope your appointment goes well next week, a little tip, I always found that they would do one test then make you wait and then the next and then make you wait, say for example you have one blood test, for say FSH, ask them to do estrogen at the same time as at the end of the day they lab use the same blood.

I don't think they will but if they try to make you wait because you are younger then point out to them that it is usually easier to get pregnant in early 20's so really you should have been preggers sooner than the 12 months they usually like you to try for.

xx

Im so pleased that things are progressing nicely for you, all the best for next week xxx

Thanks everyone! x x

Maybe - Ah right, ok. I'll keep that in mind. I think our first blood tests are for cholesterol and things like that but if the GP wants to do bloods then I'll definitely mention it. :thumbup: The biggest thing is my cycle lengths, surely they will investigate based on my cycles alone? The more I read about PCOS, the more I think it's what I have. :think:

x

Nice one MissJ :yay:
I'm glad your hubby liked the look of the place to - that can really make all the difference! You have to like the feel of the place :)

They should definitely investigate if you tell them everything you have experienced, i can't imagine them not doing.

It won't be an overnight process getting diagnosed, like what maybe said, they do one thing at a time instead of using some common sense and getting them all done at once, but you're really heading in the right direction :good:

Last edited:
Hey Miss J,

I'm sure they will investigate you so don't worry about that, it certainly seems like you might have PCOS, I've read a lot about bloody everything trying to get to the bottom of what's going on with me and from what I've read you have a few of the key symptoms.

I would mention your symptoms when you go you know, things like your LH levels, are you gonna make a list of your cycles etc, I've got a spreadsheet and I mark on different things like when I used to get spotting and how long AF is etc, also it would be worth making a list of questions.

Do you know what you want to get out of your first appointment?

If I was you I would want...

1. A referral, based on not being preggers within the year and your very long cycles.

2. A full blood count, making sure they do LH, FSH, testosterone, I know progesterone will be very difficult to do but if they want to do any make sure they do at least 3 separate ones in a cycle after estimated OV time.

3. Another ultrasound.

Hope this helps. :)

xx

Thanks Louise & Maybe. :hugs:

I've made notes of my cycle lengths, spotting, ovulation tests and also the scan I had while with the crap GP as we didn't get the proper results as he wouldn't do bloods to confirm. I hope they do get it all done in one go, as much as possible anyway - it's the simple thing to do! :rolleyes:

I normally get loads of spotting and I've made notes of the colours as well (eep, that sounds gross) but I think it's odd how it changes so quickly. :think:

I definitely want to leave the GP with requests for bloods and a referral. I *know* there's something not right so I don't want to leave without these.

Not sure about the ultrasound as I've had two done now... I need bloods to determine the results of the last scan though.

x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back