And so it begins...**Updated after calling Dr**

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Well ladies, was fully expecting AF to arrive in the NY so was feeling good about the fact I had some more time before the scary tests started but AF had other ideas and hit me full throttle yesterday. :shock:

I had an inkling she was coming, I've been scoffing chocolate, sore boobs for a week (stupidly thought this was a bfp sign) and had cramping yesterday.

My bloods have to be done between CD 2 and 4 so got to get it done by Sunday, and my DH is ringing the hospital to book my hycosy today.

I'm petrified. It's actually really happening. :faint:

**Update**

Hubby phoned the department to book me in for my hycosy, had a bit of a barney on the phone cos they asked loads of questions then told him that after we'd left the office when we had our appointment, they changed their mind about my hycosy and decided I should have a HSG instead. DH wasn't impressed they'd never told us til we phoned to book in. :rolleyes:

What's the HSG?

x x

Last edited:
Good luck, I have never had one but thinking of you!x

Glad the ball is rolling, every step a step closer to your bfp! You can do it missj xxxx

Thanks ladies, I'm so nervous!

I'm secretly excited cos of course we're closer to getting our little bean, think it's the hycosy that's freaking me out the most. Not looking forward to having the catheter in!

Oh and I'm a bit confused as my DH has to do 2 semen samples a week apart, he can't remember when he was meant to do them! I thought he had to take the first one when I go for the blood test and then the second when I have my hycosy?

Bugger!

x

Hysterosalpingo-contrast-sonography (HyCoSy) is a transvaginal ultrasound technique in which a solution of galactose and 1% palmitic acid (Levovist) - or a mixture of air and saline - is infused into the uterine cavity and observed to flow along the Fallopian tubes to assess tubal patency. The bright echoes generated by the Levovist makes tubal visualization easier, which is further improved by the addition of colour Doppler imaging.

An HSG is an outpatient procedure, which takes no longer than a half hour. It involves placing an iodine-based dye through the cervix and taking x-rays to help evaluate the shape of the uterus and whether or not the fallopian tubes are open or blocked.

Thats what I found and it seems to me like they are the same thing but not 100% sure - maybe someone else will know the difference.

I thought they were the same as well.. :think:

Our appointment should be in January so not much longer to wait. :yay:

x x

Why did your hubby have to do the semen samples a week apart?

I'm glad everything is moving forward for your MissJ xx

glad its all moving forward for you xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Lou and Hayels.

Louise - I'm not sure. He's fallen asleep on the sofa so when I wake him up later I'll double check. He was given two pots and asked for two samples, I'm *sure* they said they had to be a week apart. :think:

Also, the letter that was sent to me about the HSG/Hycosy, said the HSG has to be done between CD1-10 but DH said that he was told that because of the PCOS, I can have it whenever and that the time frame is different. :confused:

I haven't even been diagnosed with PCOS..??

Slightly confused!

x x

Hiya Hun I just had to do a pregnancy test when I arrived at the hospital before they did my scan! It's between cd1-10 for a normal 28 day cycle but they are willing to do them for irregular cycles at any Point as long as there is no chance you can be pregnant! X

Glad it's all moving for u hunny, boo to the silly doctors tho :roll: xx

Thanks girls. x

In a bit of a tizz though, we thought my GP surgery could do the bloods as we'd asked before and they'd said they can and just send them to the hospital but they actually don't do that. Which means I can't have my bloods done cos all the clinics I read on a list don't open on a weekend.

Bugger.

x

Normally sperm tests need to be 2-3 months apart just in case stress or illness or heavy drinking (like over xmas) might have cause an abnormally low result when normally the sperm is fine :)

Oh. I think I'll get DH to give them a call and find out for sure. He said they were timing them around my tests so when we had the next appointment, we'd get all our results at the same time. :think:

x

DH told me last night his semen tests have to be done a month apart, not a week so he's going to do the first one next week so it's out of the way and I'm going to drive up to my GP and get my bloods done, I'm CD5 and they needed to be done by CD4. Hopefully it'll be alright.

x

Drove to the local health centre and to my hospital yesterday for bloods but both were closed, luckily DH got me an appointment today at my GP's surgery so I've had my blood tests done. :yay:

Nurse said they'll be sent off and we can expect the results in about a week.

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back