Hycosy Update.

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Thought I would update you on my Hycosy today. It went okay but it was not as smooth running as I anticipated it would be. We got there early and was given a gown and hair cap. Neil also had to put a gown on as well as I decided that I wanted him to come in.

At first they could not insert the cathetar, which I had anticipated as at our hospital appointment in December the Doctor did warm me about that. Apparently I have a tiny opening to my cervix. In fact he said it looked like what child would have!!! He did say that it was bacause I am generally a petite person but he said after I have a pregnany it will open up more!! he did also reasure me that the sperm can still get through as well.

After some time time messing around with a smaller cathetar it went in. They then carried out an inspection/scan of my cervix and womb. I am on day 12 of my cycle so clearly about to ovulate so he was able to show us the egg about to be released which was very interesting and good to see.

When they inserted the salene they could not see anything and I then began to panic, so they did another lot, and then another lot. By this point I was in pain. I can only describe it as an intense period pain that came and went. However the Doctor then found both tubes which were patent.

I will say ladies that I did unfortunately throw up after, and I did experience mild contractions. This is rare and does not happen but i think when he tried to insert the smaller cathetar it was hard to get in and it irritated my cervix. He said sometimes it can put your body into tiny contractions, so in the end after half an hour they had to insert a supository to stop them. All i wanted to do was go to the toilett. It felt like I needed to do a number 2!! It did stop within about 15 minutes of the supository and tonight I feel fine. Slight bleeding, but I am just relieved that everything was okay. I am not sure what I would have done without Neil there to be honest he was brilliant.

The Doctor saw us straight after and he did go over all of our tests results to date and told us that realistically if it does not happen within the next 3-4 months we should really consider mild IVF.

That has to be it for our investigations until we go back on 7th March 2012 to our NHS appointment so the next few weeks will be a nice break. :)

FX we get referred in March if it does not happen by then.

Love Gizzy xxxx

Ahh bless you Gizzy,
Sounds like a bit of an ordeal for you.
I had my hsg yesterday - which I really found fine, my tubes are all clear! yay!
My follow up 5th March - cant wait now to get all the results!!! Really cant wait.
Good luck hun. xxx

Oh Gizzy that sounds a bit more stressgul than normal! Hope your ok. Look at it as a positive that its over now and your a step closer to a BFP!

Aw hun sounds horrible, Glad you've got it over now and things are moving on. FX you get your bfp in the next couple of months. All that being interfered with might help things along! xx

sounds horrid glad its done for you and your feeling ok now fingers crossed that bfp want be long now xxxxxxx

Sounds icky!! Pleased to hear that everything looks good and great that you could see the egg about to be released!

Glad your feeling better now and fx youll get your bfp soon xxx

Gosh I didn't realise it could make you sick. Glad it went well & you feel better soon xx

Well, it's great that nothing is wrong - if slightly frustrating :whistle:

I always have to know why :roll:

I don't suppose it changes anything though, except the fact that you could always get a surprise BFP naturally :)

March is soooo close ;) Have they given you a timescale for getting started with the IVF after the appointment? xx

Morning girls

Thanks for all your replies! I feel really good today. No more sickness and no bleeding. I was even chirpy this morning! I threw up again last night. I think the whole sickness thing is to do with the antibiotics rather than the hycosy.

Lou i decided this morning that i am not going to wait until March for my appointment. I am going to ring them and see if they can bring it forward. I am not getting off that phone until they do. Sick of all this waiting. All they are going to say in March is refer us both and then we will wait again. I think something clicked yesterday and i am not sure whether it was my tubes being clear or the fact it has been 2 and a half years but we want to move forward.

i am ringing them at 9! We have paid for all our tests private so i am hoping they will do us one small favour.

Happy Friday !!!! Xxxxxxx

Well, it's great that nothing is wrong - if slightly frustrating :whistle:

I always have to know why :roll:

I don't suppose it changes anything though, except the fact that you could always get a surprise BFP naturally :)

March is soooo close ;) Have they given you a timescale for getting started with the IVF after the appointment? xx

No time scale Lou I dont know any girls in here having treatment in Essex, all I know us that my friend who us with Barts in London is waiting 12 weeks for Icsi. She was transferred from the same primary trust! Xxxx

Aww gizzy you poor thing, fx you catch that eggy this month after what sounds like a good flush out!

Xx

Hi Sweetie,

Sorry it was such an unpleasent experience for you BUT at least it's out the way now?

I got shown my ovary about to release it's little eggy a few weeks back - it's amazing isn't it?

FX that you get your BFP soon

Lots of love

xxxxxxxx

Thanks it was amazing. Neil said in the car on the way home how brillaint would it be if that egg gets fertilised this month!!! eeekkkkkkk now that would be an early scan.. Amazing. FX

Gizz xxxx

Did you call them this morning?

I DID Scotch... and guess what they just called me back with a cancellation for next Tuesday 31st at 4.30!!! so pleased. That saves us waiting until 7th March! Really pleased. The lady was lovely on the phone :) A great postive start to the weekend!

Gizzy xxxx

I am so pleased. I know we will still have to wait fo IVF but this shaves 6 weeks for us.

Gizzy xxx

Hey sweetie! Found the post :) glad to hear things are going to move a bit quicker for you hun! So horrible when you hear that some of the ladies on here are having problems, its so dishearting but you try and keep you chin up hun and i hope the appointment goes well next Tuesday and after that things start moving so fast that the next minute you have a healthy little bean! :) Keep me updated by pm if you dont mind as not in this section much or pop into my journal. All the best lovely! Love M xxxx

made up they brought your appointment forward hun, sorry you had such an unpleasant experience though, I really hope this little eggy is going to be the lucky one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back