I can't put it off no longer :(

Toonlass

Reaction score
I'm going to have to get my dog, my baby girl put to sleep. I've been saying it for months but i can't put it off any longer. She is messing all over the place and snacking at people. And with my LO crawling now, its just too risky. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and has been my best friend for 9 years. This is going to be the hardest thing i have ever had to do :cry: xx

:( Have you tried if you could get her rehomed?

:hug:

Toonlass, is there no rescue that could take her- a breed specific one? Or do you think there is something underlying her snapping at people that is causing her to do be the way she is? :hug:

A change like that usually means that the dog is in pain :cry: or some such thing. Oh sweetie. I am dreading the day something happens to either of our two as they really are our kids :hug: I can only just imagine how you feel :cry:

She is senile mamfy, she used to be such a wonderful friend but she has become snappy and started going toilet all over the house, she has a skin condition also so i can't see anyone wanting her. She is unhappy in herself, she wanders around the house crying all the time even when i have fed, walked, cuddled her, its like she is lost. She has slept in bed with me for 9 years and i think re homing her would be more cruel than to put her to sleep. I have rang the vet and the vet agrees it is the right course of action and i have an appointment for 5;50 this evening. xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: Toonlass. I'm really sorry that you're in this situation. :hug:

Aww hun im so sorry :hugs: make the most time you can with your dog.
I couldn't let my dog get put to sleep unless she was in so much pain. Touch wood she is healhty.

my friends dog will need the same soon as she has catorax cant spell lol in both her eyes and she messes the floor because the cant hardly move she just sleep alot, shes a grey hound dog but most importantly my friend is so upset that she just cant do it yet, she has to carry her up the stairs :(

Thinking of you it will be the hardest thing you've ever had to do but sometimes people feel like they have no choice.were here if you need a chat xxxxx

sorry if im not much help xx

Last edited:
Oh how sad, Im really sorry :hug: you can be reassured by the fact that you know you are doing the right thing by your dog and that the vet agrees. It doesnt make it easy though, not by a long shot. Best wishes :hug: xx

Aww Toon :( I cant even begin to imagine how you feel. You know my 2 pooches are my babies too. :hug:

She's gone. She was so brave, she didin't even flinch when the needle went in. I was shocked at how quickly she went to sleep. It was very dignified for her and they gave me as much time as i wanted to hold her.

I can't describe the grief i feel right now, she was my baby, my best friend, and an amazing companion.

RIP china, mammy loves you so much sweet heart xx

awe hun, so sorry to hear this... i know it doesn't make it any easier but you did the right thing...
big hugs xxx

Run pain free at Rainbow Bridge, China.

Lots of :hug: :hug: for you, Toonlass. I'm :cry: here for you...so sorry, but you did the right thing by her, bless her wee paws :hug:

I'm so sorry sweetheart :hug:I know how it feels. RIP China x x

Lots of :hug: Hun, my childhood compainion went the same way and bite my sis in the summer so had to go onto bigger and better things. :hug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back