I beg you!!!! Help me read my OPK!!! I am so so confused

D3e_D3e

Reaction score
Hello all :poas:s
Me and my husband have been TTC for 3 months. We had a rough start....bc i assume that last month i had an anovulatory cycle .
This is the first time i ever used an OPK and it's KILLING ME!!!!!!:wall2:
All tests so far seem negative...and one "almost pozitive" but not quite!!! I need your advice on this!!! I am nou on day 17 of my cycle and i am usually quite regular 28-30 days!

Pls help!!!

p.s I screwed up the poll :)) must be the hormones....i mean day 15 bfp

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
hey dee dee,

I would say that it is maybe your surge, if this is your first time using opks I would do a whole month of testing from CD 8 or 9. How long are your cycles normally?

PS - its only a bfp if its a positive pregnancy test, +opk or positive opk is the lingo, just incase anyone gets confused about what your asking lol.

Good luck on catching that eggy. If it was me, personally, Id treat that as a + and BD all the way through it until it gets lighter.. but thats just me.

I think day 15 looks positive meaning day 16 would be ov day x

I suppose it's possible, but the line on your day 15 looks the same as the line on your day 10 to me - you maybe just very sensitive strip tests, which do show quite dark lines even when negative - the line ideally needs to be as dark or darker to be positive - but as another thread on here shows - that is not always the case for everyone it seems.

did you have any other symptoms on day 15/16 - extra stretchy or watery CM or pain on either side etc?

I would say day 15 was your 'peak' which means you should have ovulated between 12-36 hours later.

Word of warning those test strips are always very reliable, i have read that as long as 1 side of the test line is as dark/darker than the control line then it can be classed as possitive. BUT....its so difficult to work out sometimes, so i have strips that i test with each day right from period leaving. Then when i 'think' the strips are showing positive i use a clearblue digi opk to confirm!

Hope this helps, best of look x x x

Hey I know how frustrating OPKs are. Once you start testing twice a day it is better. My Surge only lasts about 12 hrs. So I need to test twice a day.

I hope this helps.

definately 15 was your peak, the reason why your lines would have been dark towards the start of when you started testing as there is LH present around AF time. I used to get +opks really early due to this reason.

day 15 defo looks like ur surge to me xx

10x all for your answers! I kept testing and today I got a real + opk :D day 21 of my cycle....kinda late but.
The frst pozitive...that was actually a negative on day 16 and got the true pozitive today on the 21st day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back