• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am scared.

kellylou

Reaction score
Been off work today so decided to watch the nct dvd on my own, I blubbed when the baby was delivered and am now terrified I won't be able to do it.
Decided to do a brief plan of my birth plan to talk through hubby and I am even more confused now.

Can anyone help with this??

After the birth, I would prefer to be given a few moments of privacy to urinate on my own before being catheterized.

What?!?!?!?!?

Did someone say that on the DVD hun? I didn't have a birth plan and had a brilliant labour and delivery.. Your body was made to do it :) And once the ball starts rolling your natural instinct kicks in and you will be fine! It's so so natural to be worried, and remember every labour is different.. xx

they said to have a birth plan but be aware it wont go to plan in most cases.

I will have one next time, but honestly hadn't a clue what to put down.. A few girls have recently posted theirs, why don't you have a look for some ideas?

have had a look and mine is pretty similar was just confused by the above option tho

I have never heard of this option! The only time I've heard of people being catherterised (sp) is for a c-section x

you and me both, i've never heard about this being an 'option', i assume it happens to some women if they had complications during the birth but that must be fairly rare.

why don't you write a list of what you would prefer to happen, rather than a plan which you will feel disappointed about if it goes awry

really don't be scared your body was made for this and anything that happens during labour is just to help it achieve its natural function. i'd watch the video again with your oh, might not seem so bad or scary with him around supporting you, as he would be doing at the birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back