writing birth plan

nmf1987

Reaction score
right iv'e decided to sit and write my birth plan. it is very much a case of what i would like to happen but understand that it will be a case of go with the flow.

i am using a birthing plan example online to make sure i cover everything and have come to the part of assisted labour.

i need to decide if i would prefer forceps or ventouse.

obviously i would want to take the advice of the midwife etc and go with what they think is best.

what would you go for and why? just so i can get an idea as im clueless on this sort of stuff. xxx

My preference was ventouse because you have to be cut to get the forceps in whereas you don't necessarily with ventouse x

If I had to choose i think I would opt for ventouse but not because of being cut , forces bruised my daughter very badly
DSCF0044.jpg
this is her at two days old when it was improving .

Ventouse. I had one with dd2. I've seen the force they use with the forceps on one born every
Minute and didn't like the look of them.

Tinytoes- poor baby, it looks sore!

I hope I dont scare anyone ? Maybe I should remove it .

oh tiny that looks very painful for baby.

i think im definately going to ask for ventouse then.

i have gone through all the headings and have also written my own bit at the bottom about being open minded and understanding of the fact that anything can happen.

xxx

not hun it's fine. just feel sorry for bubs. ihavent heard great things about them anyway. xxx

I think being open minded is the best way to be , it make you more relaxed . have you thought about your other options as well ?

like what. i have written out my birth plan in the labour and birth section. it's abit of a read but would very much like your opinion on it before i write it up properly. xxx

Coz I've has section first time, I've just put in mine to go normal but If labor stops or slows right down I was another section, no messing around which I think is what that do anyway on 2nd section x

awh tinytoes.. your poor little sweetheart :( i've seen a couple of forceps delieveries on tele and they look horrendous!! ahw i'll be doing everything i can to avoid that.. I always said to my hubby "the poor baby.. must have a headache for days too"... ahw your photo though... poor little darling x x x

Awh it broke my hear , I can only now look at pics without getting upset x

Tinytoes - your poor wee girl!!!!

Nadia - good question I hadn't even considered that, do you guys know if they usually give you a choice? I don't really have a birth plan, so just need to go with the flow.

x

I can see why you were heart broken Tinytoes, luckily she will not remember a thing about it, but poor little girl at the time. I will too opt for the ventouse then. X

Aww your poor little girl tiny toes! I had ventouse with Ella and she didn't have any sort of cone head which is what can happen. I didn't really have a choice though (but that was my preference) - things were quite urgent and that's what the doc suggested x

I've got no idea hun, but think i'll go with the ventouse after hearing everyones opinions. Tiny toes, your poor baby...looks so painful :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back