Am struggling

beanie

Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for sympathy. Am 12 days overdue, and am meant to be induced on the 28th. Started getting contractions on Christmas Eve, ended up in the hospital at 12pm christmas day only to find I was one cm dialated. Decided to come home as there was a woman giving birth and the noise terrified me. Contractions carried on all day and got progressively more intense, was in agony at midnight so again went to hospital, to find out I am 2 cms dialated. After sitting in a bath for 1 hour decided to come home as very tired and emotional.

Have spent all of today in pain, contractions are about 10 mins apart. I am just so tired and fed up, it really hurts and I just feel I cannot cope anymore. No show or waters breaking just a contraction. My OH has been so fantastic but I feel so alone, the hospital just say take 2 paracetomol and try a warm bath, which does nothing. Feel really sick and have had to force some pasta down me. I am now so scared about giving birth because I have just hurt for the last 2 days. When baby moves it really hurts again.

Am so sorry for whining but I needed to offload. Just want to have this baby, have waited long enough now!!

Try phoning your community midwife 1st thing or going back to the hospital. Please dont be scared, some people just are loud in labour, others go into themselves. I was in the labour ward for 12 hours (with epidural) and it was really busy and no one was screaming.
I dont know what to suggest for the pain honey but going back to the hospital and telling them its just too much. Be strong, and have a big hug from me.

Aw beanie! i'm sorry to hear it's moving slowly for you!
I hope things speed up and the rest of your labour is a good one.

Try not to worry too much and try and take one hurdle at a time. Keep thinking of your baby - who you will meet very soon!! :) xx

Beanie, you dont have to stay at home with paracetamol just cos they told you to. You ring them when the pain is too unbearable- plus you are worn out with the pain, you need some relief as you have to go through the birth yet.

Don't listen to midwives, and they change at 8 so if you don't want to mither those from earlier, they should have changed by now and you may get a really understanding midwife if you ring.

Don't let them make you scared and alone, it is supposed to be the best experience ever and it is their job to make it that way for you. :D

How are things now? are you going to hospital? x

Hello

Sorry for the trouble and pain youve been experiencing, hopefully you will have your baby really soon, and then you wont bein pain no more.
Take care and keep us updated.
Katrina xxx

So sorry that you're having shitty time! I'm thinking that by the time you get this message, you would have had your bunny!!! I'm I right?
Good luck - you're on your way!!!!!
Big hugs
Emilia xxxxxxxxx

Hi hunnie I know you probably feel terrible and I don't know if things have progressed since you posted but I just wanted to say I was in stop start labour with Damien for a week and I know how tiering and emotionally draining it is - every time I thought I was getting somehwere it stopped again.
I know how tiered of it you feel and exhausting and draining it is, but don't be scared of labour honestly. When it comes to it you will do what you know you have to do and you'll find the strength from somewhere you didn't know existed. It hurts obviously but you will honestly forget the pain - they are worth it and beleive me, you probably will find yourself thinking 5 days later....I could do that again (I didn't think I would say it but I am!)

Good luck sweetie and it's not much further now I promise xxx

sorry to hear that beanie,

hope you are ok now, think you posted this yesterday so im late in repling, hopefuly once you have your baby it will all be worth the pain.

best of luck hun

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back