Hystereoscopy???

Skye1982

Reaction score
I don.t even really know what this is lol,has anyone had to have this done? any info would be appreciated im scared stiff lol, do they put you to sleep? is it painful? i've googled it to try and fine some info out and wish i hadn't :shock: xx

Hiya hun
I had that and laparoscopsy (not sure how spell it) don't last march, had them done while under general
Anesthetic, was bit tender for couple of days,mine was Through my belly button and the thought of it was worse that the actual procedure!xx

This was the last test I had done.

It's no big deal and nothing to be scared of.

I recommend you take a couple paracetamols before u go in.

The procedure is over in minutes and you get really mild stomach cramps and a bit of pressure but this stops as soon as they finish the procedure.

They put me in an X-ray gown and asked me to remove my bottoms. Jump on the table, the insert the tool in that they use when they are doing a smear test. I just remember it being over really quick and thinking "was that it!"

You will be fine - they give u the results straight away as well which is good.

hope this helps

Nicks x

aww thanks ladies! i fell much better now :), one last question tho please lol. Is it true that they give you two injections in your cervix and one in your spine? xx

I had this done twice, I was put under general anaesthetic so did not feel a thing, are you going to be awake?
Sounds as though they are going to give you an epidural if they are going to put a needle in your spine, which would indicate you'll be awake

Sorry ladies, I think I might be talking about a different procedure? I wasent put to sleep for mine or given any injections?? Xx

You do not need to be put to sleep it is a procedure where they insert saline into your tubes to check whether they are clear. It is done as a HSG or a hycosy neither of which you are put to sleep. It is slightly painful but bearable and is normally done after your scan and blood tests. Xxx

Maybe I was put to sleep as was having both procedures done, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back