Please help

Reaction score
Hello new to the site, just looking for some help.

I am about 5"2 and weigh 224lbs approx. I am desperate for a baby but want to lose some weight and get in shape. Only thing is, I think I may be in the early stages of pregnancy. Can anyone tell me if this is really dangerous or have they known someone to be overweight and pregnant and things have been ok.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as quite scared!!

Kate

Hi there Kate!

Lovely to *meet* you!

I am 13 weeks pregnant and weigh over 16 stone (not sure if this is comparable or not as I can't do lbs/stones!). I have been told that it's fine, I was on a diet with the intention of losing weight before making a baby, but this little one took me by surprise!

I mentioned my concerns to my midwife when I went to see her at 5 weeks, 5 days and she said that I should be able to carry a baby well to term. She said that now was not the time to diet (whooppeee!), just eat sensibly and take care of the baby.

I do have concerns though that I may not be able to see the baby as well on the scan (today!) as the image might be fuzzy, but I'm now thinking that as long as there's a heartbeat and the baby is growing well, then I don't mind. We're also more at risk for gestational diabetes (a question I'm going to ask my midwife today re. test etc). Other than that, I think we'll be fine!

I know it's silly, but I'm not looking forward to getting fatter than I am now!

When are you testing honey? Good luck!

Valentine xxx

I am guessing by your post you AF isn't due yet...THere is no reason not to diet while waiting for your AF but don't do any bizairre diets.Eat plenty fresh fruit, veg and proiten ,cut down your fat and sugar intake.This stuff will make your baby healthier.

Like has been said it isn't advised to diet when you are pregnant but many people loose weight in the first tri due to sickness

good luck

Hey my friend is a size 18 (not sure how much this would be in weight) and her doctor gave her abit of a hard time for get pregnant regarding her size. (See the offtopic section My poor friend 2 ) - some of the girls on this site thought it was unfair of her doctor to say this.

However my friend did have high blood pressure throughout her pregnancy, which caused her to pass out afew time. Her baby was due end of February, but in December the doctors werent happy with her blood pressure and it was apparantly putting pressure on the baby and the baby wasnt developing well. On Friday just passed she was admitted to hospital as she was getting pains and again her blood pressure went through the roof. The baby was in distress so they decided to do an emergency c section.

She had a healthy baby girl small just under 4lb but both mother and baby doing fine and she got told today that if Kaitlyn continues to feed well they will both be out by wednesday.

So No i dont think weight really goes against you.

What about trying swimming? Its good when your pregnant, and good way to keep the weight off?

Thanks for all your comforting comments.

As I mentioned I think I may be in the early stages of pregnancy (around 2 weeks) as I have have various symptoms such as Butterflies in my stomach, like I am nervous about something, loss of appetite, mood swings, sick feeling and hot/cold flushes, cramps etc. It doesn't help that I have not had a period for about 8 years. Also the doctors diagnosed me with PCOS in Feb 2006 and I have been taken Metformin since.
I did do a home test as I was curious, however, this came back negative but I know that it was probably far to early to tell.
If anyone has similar symptoms to me please get in touch as I would love to chat more about it.

Thanks again

Kate

You havent had a period in 8 years!!! How come??

M xx

Was on the Depo Contraception Injection for around 9 months but came off it because I went from a size 10/12 to 14/16. Never got a period after that.

I'm about 20lbs overweight for my height and want to lose weight. I am trying to lose weight while I TTC. Its good in a way because when I get AF I can think well at least I have another month to lose weight.

You can use a BMI calculator to see if you are Underweight, Normal, Overweight or Obese. http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/adu ... ulator.htm

a family member of mine is 28 and weighs 35 stone yes 35 stone she went down to 32 stone to have a baby but put it all back on again now the baby is a year old and she is bigger then ever she can barly bend down to change his nappy ect i think its wrong for her to be that size wioth a young kiddie if she lost it before she could do it again
i no she had a hard time being pregnant and that size diabetis and such alike and was told to have complete bedrest a month before due
not sure if this helps you or not just trying to be honest
manda x

Wantababysobad said:
Was on the Depo Contraception Injection for around 9 months but came off it because I went from a size 10/12 to 14/16. Never got a period after that.

I was on this for 2 years and came off it for the same reasons, went from a 10/12 to a 16 and my moods were so crazy!

My periods started again after about 6 months (it was around 4 years ago I came off it) and it effects everyone differently, but 8 years seems a little wierd, what has your doc said about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back