Hypochondria and worry

calphurnia7

Reaction score
Okay, so basically I have kind of talked about this but not on my own thread. Went to the GP Tuesday saying baby is moving less. GP had to check my pulse as wasn't sure if she was feeling my pulse or the baby but did figure out it was the baby. Still had baby do a few half hearted kicks today, so called Midwife, straight to Voicemail as always she takes 1-2 weeks to get back to you. So I called the MAternity Ward and they insisted she was definately on today and if I left a voicemail she would get back to me in an hour that was at 1pm. Noone wants to deal with me, not my GP, midwife or maternity ward. Just sad and don't want to bea hypochondriac or worry about my little baby boy but I just feel so frustated. Right I've vented think I am okay. Even hubby thinks I am overworrying.

They are there for pregnant women that's their job! I don't think your over reacting!!!x

Thansk hun i will try and call again tomorrow, I don't really expect anything out of my midwife, haven't since about 16 weeks but the maternity ward is packed full of people that can help :(

I think in pregnancy and with kids you can never be too safe. It's far better to get checked and settle your mind tha to risk leaving it. It's awful that your maternity ward aren't more helpful. Hope you get sorted soon and that everything is ok x

You should beable to be seen by any of the midwifes available by just calling in. If you hear nothing tomorrow, I'd be inclined to just call up at your antenatal clinic and ask to see someone. Tell them how worried you are. Hope you get sorted soon x

I'd be ringing the mat ward back and telling them your concerned over reduced movement and want to been seen.

:hug: x

Yeah when I had reduced movement I went to maternity and they monitored me. I'd really kick up honey zxx

I'd deffo demand that someone sees u! It's ridiculous that they won't monitor u for reduced movement xxxx

I had a heart to heart with my midwife today, she is informing the manager that the receptionist made a mistake and should never have given that advice. I have now felt sufficient movements as discussed with my midwife and she advised that anyone can monitor me. I am buying a fetal heart monitor and now also refuse to be seen as shared care. So my midwife will see me at 31 weeks and 34 weeks instead of the GP at 31 weeks. so I have had some success. they say 10 movements in 2 hours, I felt that last night so I feel better now. But yeah i've been treated really badly.

I was told 10 movements in 24 hours!

Glad you got sorted! :hug: x

I had a heart to heart with my midwife today, she is informing the manager that the receptionist made a mistake and should never have given that advice. I have now felt sufficient movements as discussed with my midwife and she advised that anyone can monitor me. I am buying a fetal heart monitor and now also refuse to be seen as shared care. So my midwife will see me at 31 weeks and 34 weeks instead of the GP at 31 weeks. so I have had some success. they say 10 movements in 2 hours, I felt that last night so I feel better now. But yeah i've been treated really badly.

Sounds like they are finally listening to you!! Thats good you will be seen by the midwife now. And at least when you have the heart monitor you can check yourself! I just got a call from my maternity ward this morning asking me to come in tomorrow so they can take more bloods, as they 'were unable to process my last bloods', I gave them last thrusday!!! I don't know what unable to process means...maybe just lost or dropped!!!???
I think I am going to have a word with them then about the care I'm receiving so far...

xxx

Sounds like they are finally listening to you!! Thats good you will be seen by the midwife now. And at least when you have the heart monitor you can check yourself! I just got a call from my maternity ward this morning asking me to come in tomorrow so they can take more bloods, as they 'were unable to process my last bloods', I gave them last thrusday!!! I don't know what unable to process means...maybe just lost or dropped!!!???
I think I am going to have a word with them then about the care I'm receiving so far...

xxx

Well I am at work and I feel like I am going to puke heheh, just trying to breathe deeply as so many people are absent I am actually doing two jobs today LOL. Oh well. I think u should ask to be taken off shared care. I hope they didn't drop your bloods OMG, they must show up as inconclusive I have no idea how that happens but I used to get that all the time with my smears and have to have them redone repeatedly but they claim with the new technology they use that doesn't happen anymore. Not sure what technology they use with bloods :(

Oh dear...hope you got through work ok and the sickness passed!!
I dunno what has happened with the bloods, but I am going to ask tomorrow! I think I will also ask to opt out of shared care!! x

Yeah, don't let them get away with it, the Gp's don't have a clue, yeah the sickness passed but unfortunately a person got signed off at my work again so my workload will doublea gain, oh well :) think just 7 weeks

Oh no, not more work for you! Don't be taking on too much, remember your health and that of babs...your employer should be looking after you right now not loading more work on!
I was just thinking, I have actually only had one proper antenatal check up at my gp surgery, and that was at 22 weeks!! Since then I had tried to make two more appointments, but they have just fobbed me off in the appointments, and not even checked baby heart beat etc. So, I'm really on the war path now lol x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back