can't help but worry

sayer82

Reaction score
My mum had me at 27 weeks due to pre-eclampsia and was in eclamptic coma for 10 days. As was told at booking appt that I have an increased risk of developing pre-e and my bp has been moderately high since booking appt and I see my doctor once a week and the midwife on the alternate week and when i went to gp on Monday my bp was 150/86 which is higher than the week before as it was 130/86 I'm worried this is the start of it. I'm hoping baby girl will stay inside until at least 36 weeks. Is it normal to worry like this?

Jessica
X

Oh honey, it must be something that will play on your mind but history doesn't have to repeat itself. R u taking it easy? Resting with your feet up? Do u meditate or listen to hypobirthing CDs at all to try and relax and lower your BP? Either way u r in the best hands being seen regularly and it's not something u can control. Try not to worry overly and try and stay positive and not think about it too much xxxx

Yes I really worried about pre eclampsia too because I had awful swelling from about 20 weeks! And my mom had it too. I'd say the only thing you can do is try and keep as relaxed as possible and if your feet start to swell make sure they are elevated. But really hun it's out of your control so I would really try not to worry too much about it. At least your midwife is aware of your high bp and they can monitor and help you through it. Fingers crossed you don't get it hun :hugs: x

Its totally normal to worry - especially when things have happened in the family. most of the girls on here will tell you im totally paranoid about SIDS, cos DH lost a sis to it. But worrying's not gonna help. Especially with something like pre-eclampsia - getting stressed will affect ur BP even more.

I'd definitely try some of the things forest suggested, try and relax a bit, and maybe it will come down.
xxx

Thanks for the replies ladies good idea I do need to find some ways to de-stress and relax. I've just had a call from midwife at hospital as my gp has contacted my consultant and they want to see me in the maternity day unit tomorrow to do some checks on my bp does anyone know what these checks/tests are?

Jessica
X

Sorry don't have any personal experience but maybe they will just take your BP a few times lying down and sitting up etc. How's the protein in your wee? Any there? Either way being seen by the doctors tomorrow is a good thing. My friend had pre-ecamplysia and had her first baby at 30 weeks and he's as fit as a fiddle. I know she had a lot of hospital checks with this and her next 2 pregnancies but she didn't get it after Sam so ifs not a definite honey xxxxx

I had +1 protein in urine last week and the week before. I had to have a doppler scan at 21 weeks to check placenta and high bp can affect it and restrict growth etc I wonder if they'll check that again.

Yeah they might scan again but maybe just do the BP and wee tests again. Good luck and keep us posted xxx keep positive and relaxed xxxx

I went to assessment day unit this afternoon and they tested my bp 3 times 5 mins apart and ranged between 135/75 and 149/86 which midwife have said are nothing to worry about and my urine was also clear of protein. So have to go back on Friday to do the same again. They said if it does get any higher than they will prescribe me some blood pressure meds. I'm also to continue to see my gp and community midwife to have regular bp checks I'm feeling much better and more relaxed about everything now.

Jessica
X

Yay!!!! Great news, make sure u rest a lot, relax and pamper yourself and take today as a massive positive and fingers crossed all will be well for you. So happy for you honey. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back