Hypnobirthing Thread

russellmuscle

Reaction score
:wave:

I am wondering if anyone is giving it ago? I tried last time bits and bobs but never got fully into it.

Now being on a much more spiritual front and meditate regularly now, I think I will be able to focus and manage or attempt it this time.

Anyways, thought this be a good starting point for anyone whos did it/doing it/considering it.

Be good to share some tips/book/cd reviews.

Last labour was did on only G&A but hoping to try without it this time and focus on my breathing. I had a great labour with no panics but wanting to fully commit and have one of those labours on OBEM were everything is just chill.

xxxx

Last edited:
I've bought a cd on line and have found it useful to help me relax prior to the birth. I havnt spent out on classes as they seem to be quite expensive and I wasn't sure whether I would find them useful but I've found the cd a good introduction to the whorls of hypo birthing!

Ps cd I bought was : Effective Birth Preparation (Hospital or Birth Centre): Self Hypnosis (Natal Hypnotherapy Programme) Audiobook

I think it depends how you learn best too. I like to listen as apposed to role play..

For me the audios are great because Im used to doing alot of guided meditations so hopefully I van get right into it this time.

xxxx

I absolutely Need to for my own sanity. I suffer from panic attacks on and off quite badly with anything I feel out of control with. I can't afford to go to classes even though I'd love it, so will need to do it at home. I will definitely be buying a CD and open to any other suggestions.

I've always wanted to have as natural a birth as possible, but as time goes on I think I'll be going for the whole whack of meds and painkillers (but then that also scares me because I hate taking medication, it makes me panic as well!)

Last time I brought mongan method cd and didn't really like it and saw on here I saw others had got Maggie howell cd and I brought it and loved it! During labour I was so calm, the midwife kept asking if I was always like that and my oh was like "no way!!!" He even recorded a bit to show people as he thought they wouldn't believe him!

In end I did have forceps but she was in bad position as wasn't as active as should have been in labour I believe so been doing active birthing/hypnobirthing classes and been listening to cd twice a week since 28 weeks. I haven't made it through the cd yet! Always trance off and come back at count down at end. Finding it has relaxed me loads. Would highly reccomend. Xx

I have he MH one, Wasnt sure wheher to get another or if that would complicate things...

Kitty sounds like you should give it a good go.

xxxx

I absolutely Need to for my own sanity. I suffer from panic attacks on and off quite badly with anything I feel out of control with. I can't afford to go to classes even though I'd love it, so will need to do it at home. I will definitely be buying a CD and open to any other suggestions.

I've always wanted to have as natural a birth as possible, but as time goes on I think I'll be going for the whole whack of meds and painkillers (but then that also scares me because I hate taking medication, it makes me panic as well!)

This app seems up your street :)

xxxx

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-02-01-18-27-51.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2016-02-01-18-27-51.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 23
Or youtube is fab for guided meditations and hypnotherapies.

xxxx

I plan to, just haven't started looking into it yet Lxx

Oh a fellow HB hello.

All welcome here.

I could use the motivation.

xxxx

I'm thinking of getting that birth preparation CD. Last time I used the pregnancy relaxation CD ( I suffered serious stress/anxiety last time) and it did help me to relax. I doubt I will go to any antenatal classes this time so I'm hoping the CD will give me some new breathing techniques. I didn't have any pain relief last time and would prefer to do the same again this time of possible.

I plan to this time too. My hospital do a free class I'm going to book onto this week (although it's not got the best reviews from Hypnobirthing "teachers" lol). And then I plan to buy some CDs and maybe a book. Also I saw something on FB about an event in Feb (I think!) which is £50 for the day and thats a hypnobirthing thing, but I need to find it again lol.

I did look into a doula but we are now thinking against it because I enjoyed the privacy first time round but next time I might go to some classes instead. Be quite hard to fit someone else in having working fulltime and Jackson. So classes would be ideal.

xxxx

I will definitely be learning about and practising hypnobirthing... If it helps even a little on the day it's got to be worth it and also it seems to really help people feel calm about the birth during their pregnancy which is much better than spending months feeling anxious about it...

Great thread. I definitely want to give this a try. Thanks for the CD recommendations. Will purchase some.
Anyone know when to start? I'm only 7+3. :)
Xx

Can i just say...i went to classes and bought the DVD, read books and it was USELESS for me. Just gunna share my experiance...

I originally went into labour at home had all my pool DVD, breathing exercises and gas an air etc. Started contracting every 2 mins straight away...all last about a minute. The midwife thought it'd be a quick birth because of this (no build up for me what so ever)

After 16 hours of contractions. I was knackered so went into hospital! Another 10 hours later i couldn't take any
more and had the epidural. Another 10 hours after that i was told she was completely sideways and i may need forceps. Screw that i thought! And gave it everything i had. 20 mins later i had her. 36 hours of labour. Killed me off. Haha.

Hypno-birthing did nothing for me, neither did the water.... it may be different for you i know people who swear by it....but for me it just didn't do a thing. I found the water made me feel worse also.... Once you were in labour i found it very very hard to get my head into the game and relax...BUT it may be different for you. Good luck xx

I think as long as we dont always have a "set" plan for labour like anything than its worth a try and we wont get over disappointed as long as we dont imagine to walk in do a few deep breaths and not feel a thing :p

There are some people who plan their labour to a T and it usually never works out the exact way but some wouldnt have it any other way.

I also think it is much easier to practice CD's/books at home/classes but imagine it is a different ball game when labour kicks off.

All does depend on the situation I guess, some times things like emergency C sections arent always avoidable so, your not really expected to breathe your way through everything :lol: sometimes breathing exercises doesnt work for everyone because they cannot close of their mind from the pain.

Hopefully we can all motivate each other to give it a go, it does have many positives.

xxxx

Great thread. I definitely want to give this a try. Thanks for the CD recommendations. Will purchase some.
Anyone know when to start? I'm only 7+3. :)
Xx

Never too early to relax and practice your breathing techniques.

Practice makes perfect ;)

xxxx

I have read a book and I have a relaxation track - I have been listening to my relaxation track from 16 weeks ish and I find it sends me off to sleep which if nothing else will be useful in early labour! I agree Russel a fixed plan for a birth is a pointless exercise I am just aiming to take some of the ideas of hypno in with me to remain calm, visualise turning down a pain dial and see how it goes experience tells me babies come as and when they please you are a passenger!! I have downloaded an app today which I am going to use as well in the run up over the next 10 weeks or so and see if it helps a bit! If nothing else it is nice to lay down listen to something relaxing and have some alone time with bump especially if you have other children! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back