Hypnobirthing

Verity2011

Reaction score
Just wondering for those who used hypnobirthing cds (or did classes) did it come in useful in labour? Did it make a big difference to your experience?

Just started doing this and was wondering on people's thoughts after labour...

i would like to know too. I am going to take classes and I really want to know that it works!

I have been using the cds for about 8 weeks now and although i havent actually been in labour it has helped with the other pains that I have had recently and they definitely make me feel more relaxed so hope it will help in labour but looking forward to seeing other peoples responses.
xxx

I used natal hypnotherapy cd's and it really helped. I had a 22 hour labour with only 30 mins gas and air in the transition stage. I was so calm. The midwives couldn't believe it - especially as it was my first baby. Really worth while :) x

i am also using the hypnotherapy cds....same one as princess i think....

im hoping they help me to stay calm as panicking i think will be my worst enemy!! x

There is another thread in this section somewhere with lots of comments in it. I'll find it and bring it back up to first page. I remember Bunnykins wrote a great birthing story after using hypnobirthing. I'm doing natal hypnotherapy cd's and I also got the book after listening a few times as I wanted to know more. I will definitely be singing it's praises on here if it works for me.

Thanks poppypd!
I had a great experience with my labour and I put it down to the hypnobirthing, keeping calm and relaxed and in control definately got me through it. I genuinely believe it would have been an epidural and other interventions if I hadn't done the cd because if I'd have tried to get through my contractions the way I see it done on tv screaming and hysterical I'd have been unable to cope, I know this because I lost control of one contraction and it really increased the intensity, as soon as I got it back under control with the 321 relax trigger and the golden light breathing then I was fine again and found them bearable again.

I would say to anyone thinking about it or starting it that you have nothing to lose and even if your labour doesn't go to plan it will help you through whatever you experience, labour can be a beautiful experience if you go in with a positive approach. Good luck to you all I can't wait to read your birth stories :)

Thanks so much for this Bunnykins! Gonna read your birth story now!

Hi ladies just to ask which CDs you's are using and where did you get them from, it's still a bit early for me but I like to be prepared lol and also SIL is due 6 wks before me so she could use it first xx

I used Margaret Howell's natal hypnotherapy cd . I got it on eBay for a fiver :)

It's worth listening to it often. They say not to listen at bed time but I always did. Only rarely on the sofa in the afternoon. I had to play it quite loud to stop my mind wondering x

I had the same one as princess, I didn't listen as often as I'd like to have done but it still helped, I always fell asleep at the same bit lol!!

I can't wait to listen to the CD.

Though I am finding it hard to make the time to do it!!

I used natal hypnotherapy and even though I didn't listen very many times at LO was early I really do think it helped me stay relaxed. I wasn't aware of using specific techniques but I was very calm throughout labour. Just written by birth story in Tri3 if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back