Question for Redshoes

weenik

Reaction score
Hi Redshoes,

Valentine told me that you've been practising hypnobirthing and I just wonder if you have any information on it you could share? I've been reading up on it online, and downloaded an MP3 file last night which really relaxed me and taught me to breathe and vlsualize, and feel my own body. I can't afford to go to classes because they're so far from where I live, but I really want to try drug free labour so I can be in control and feel everything. Did you go to classes, or did you get any books/CDs that you could recommend?

Sorry for such a long post, it's just that I'm really interested and would like all the information I can get x

Hello weenik :wave:

Firstly here's a website with invaluable information to help you find classes etc in your area, some hypnobirth teachers will reduce costs based on individual circumstance, so it's always worth e-mailing to enquire, plus advanced booking can save you money too :)
http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/

I would recommend you buy Marie Mongan's book 'Hypnobirthing, the Mongan Method', this will go through almost everything you would learn in classes, so even without classes you will be able to practise your relaxation, breathing and visualization, all of which will aid you with tools and skills to achieve a normal, healthy and drug free birth. It also has an amazing, eye opening and thought provoking section looking at the history of birth, and how it's changed from a normal, pain-free experience, into a medicalized, feared experience in the western world.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to know anything in particular, our hypnobirthing teacher is a wonderful lady who has given us not only support for our birth choices, but also confidence and education about pregnancy and birth, I do hope you find hypnobirthing something that works for you :hug:

Thank you for the information - I will let you know if I have any questions once I get through the book. I am really determined to do this because, like you I feel that it should be as natural as possible. My mum had 5 kids and only needed extra medication with the last one because she had to have an emergency section. She's my birthing partner so she should also be able to help x

The best thing I think I've done for myself is not to watch televised hospital births, hospital says push, hypnobirth says breath baby down, the uterus is perfectly capable of birthing for you, without pushing. If you can watch any hypnobirths that would be great, baby's crowning while mum is happily relaxed and smiling, that's what birth's about :)

It's lovely to hear your Mum is your birth partner, the birth partner is very important and invaluable in hypnobirthing, so might be worth your Mum having a read too :wink: She can then learn the massage techniques to aid you into relaxation, very best wishes and I hope it all works out well for you :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back