Hurts to walk

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Doe anyone else get pain around the bottom of your bump (hip area) when they walk.. Its getting worse. Im fine when im sat down but walking is really beginning to hurt. Its kind of like a dull ache. I also had a trapped nerve which kept shooting down my leg but that has now eased off. Not being able to walk to the other end of town is annoying me now! If it gets much worse i'll tell the doc at my next appointment.

Just want the baby now...Last day of work tomorrow!! horray! Oh and its my birthday today (31.. getting old! lol) Couldnt even be bothered to go for a meal with OH so we are going out saturday now

Claire x

I used to get the most annoying shooting pains down the backs of my legs.
They would freeze me to the spot as it was so painful so you could be getting something simular.
The only thing that eased it was trying to move baby a bit by cupping the bottom of my bump and lifting it ntill it eased.
That said t me that baby was lying on a nerve.
Our bumps can get achy hun and even our pubic bones as the weight is weighing on them.
Rest as much as you can as sitting/lying down is a greart releaver .

The joys of pregnancy hey :shock: :rotfl:

No long un and you'll have your body back and meet your lil angel. :hug:

:wave: hello and happy birthday hun.
I also get these pains but they seems to come and go... it's probably a trapped nerve. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Sounds like it's time for you to put your feet up and take it easy. A lot of ladies find it painful walking towards the end. It soon goes after baby is born.

i get this sometimes to, it comes and go put your feet up and have a rest usually works for me :D

If the pain shoots down your leg, the chances are that it is your sciatic nerve that has become trapped or inflamed.
My wife has a pain that is just in her pelvis that is a muscular pain.

Might be a good idea to get someone to have a look to make sure you know what the problem is...

Jimmer

Poor you. I'm the same, I'm fine when I'm sat down but as soon as I stand, I bend over as my hips and the bottom of my bump really hurt.

Hope you have a lovely birthday and don't say your old!!! i had my birthday on Saturday and I'm 3 years older than you!!!! I really feel like I'm getting old, it doesn't help that I now walk like an OAP!! :rotfl:

Hello,

I have the same problem. Its fine when i sit down but when i get up and start to walk i get pain under my bump. It is especially bad when i walk upstairs.

I asked my midwife and she sent me to physio about it.

The physio told me that its SPD (symphis pubic disorder) which is when the muscles in your pelvis relax too much because of the hormones and cause it to grind when you walk. I was advised to get a belly bra aparently this really helps. I havent managed to get one yet though.

Maybe you could have the same problem, might be worth mentioning.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, i get this too! I get pain most of the time to varying degrees in my hips, occasionally crunch when i walk, my lower pain, pubic bones, whole pelvis.....!!

Really though i am usually over the moon to have aches and pains that are not bowel related i am happy to put up with anything! however, me and OH went out to Norwich Yesterday and i was a real old slow coach, waddling along, cursing my bones!!! :rotfl:

Its weird how pregnancy can make us feel like pensioners!!! :roll:

There were old ladies in town overtaking me today :shhh:

absolutely, i think i've aged by sixty years!!!! I am forever saying oooh me hips, ahh, my back, hang on, slow down... he he he he he he. i have actually seen a few ladies bigger than me seemingly jetting along quite happily but i guess its your luck!!

:D

I get this too! :( (not the leg pains, that does sound like sciatica) It is horrid isn't it!? I cant walk anywhere at all! Though because of the SPD I shouldn't anyways lol! I always assumed it was something to do with the SPD actually! And when she kicks around that area it fecking kills lol! Its just all so tender! Half the time I cant stand straight! Roll on labour!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Hope you have a great birthday!! :cheer:

Thanks all! The pain in the leg has gone so i think baby was just on a nerve so thats good. The other pains are fine if im sat down. I think one of those belly bras sound great but i just think i dont have long to go so just get on with it. If i walk any slower though i actually wont be covering any mileage atall! I so hope im 2 weeks early!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back