Huggies

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Anyone else find huggies nappies totally useless?
They leak everytime LO has a wee it's driving me insane lol

Yes a few of them leaked with us too. Pampers are better as are Asdas little angels

Yep! Mind you pampers arnt much better at holding breast fed baby poo! I'm planning to to a cloth nappy trial next week! Oh make sure his willy is pointing down too, I found we had lots of leaks because I didn't do this lol!

I swear by the sainsburys own brand they are fab!! Regardless of what brand though I do have to make sure his winkle is pointing down otherwise they always leak lol xx

Yep-we use tesco own brand and they are fantastic!!! Brilliant fit! We also found that pampers started leaking when Sebastian got bigger too. I'm sticking to tesco from now on!

I liked huggies, but found asdas little angels were just as good and a lot cheaper, same with the wipes too x

I only seem to have a problem with Huggies when she has one of her explosive pooing sessions :D. I have never had a problem with them at night time and goes the whole night without any leaks.

I found the Sainsburys own brand good at holding the wet in but they would always give her nappy rash. I also had issues with Pampers and Sainsburys not holding in the smell at all and would stink so bad as soon as she did a poo.

Oscar was in huggies til he was about 6 months old and they never leaked, where as pampers always did.

Not it's the other way round lol I'm using huggies atm coz ran out of pampers and had a pack of size 5s I'd bought before we swapped brands. They are useless really.

My only complaint with pampers is that they stink though, really chemically!

Think it's just a case of finding which brand fits baby best. Huggies were perfect for Oscar for a long time, now his shape has changed they're not so good!

Pampers always leaked for my girls I'm Huggies all the way!! Nothing can contain her poos lol!!!

We're on huggies at the moment because they fit round LO's legs really well (she's got quite porky legs lol) and don't leak as much as other brands. I also found the chemical smell of pampers a bit off-putting. I get poo leaks with all brands just because she makes so much poo lol!

Yes hate huggies and won't use them always leaking!!! Loads left as we got bogof and they r rubbish we jut can't use them! Pampers all the way never had a problem!

We prefer Huggies!! Not had any problem with leakage and always make sure his willy is pointing downwards when I put them on. I did try Asda own as they were really recommended, but found that they sometimes stuck to his skin and had to peel them off him which wasn't nice. I was changing him regularly so it wasn't as though I was leaving him wet in them.

I did try Pampers but found that the size 2 which says 6-13lbs were massive! Sam is just short of 9lbs so I would have thought these would be fine. I have now bought size 1 of Pampers and they are fine too.

We use huggies, hated papmers and didn't lik tesco's own brand!

Huggies always leaked for me too, pampers aren't too bad but he can sometimes be wet on his skin on a morning whereas Tesco own brand are great they keep him dry and don't leak and they contain his poos, but as he poos 3 times a day he never builds up a huge explosion lol!!

Also I forgot to tuck his Willy down and had a few accidents!! Why does no one tell u this in antenatal classes!!!!

Last edited:
I haven't tried any home brands yet, I've still not had to buy any :)
But I find that Phoebe leaks with pampers and is better with huggies x

Oh, I know, huggies are a nightmare. I was all chuffed when my aunt bought loads of big packs of huggies when LO was born, but raging when every single one of them leaked even after 1 pee. I took them back to boots & exchanged for pampers, not had a single leak since, not even a runny poo leak. Was exact same with oldest LO, used pampers all way through with her & dont remember once having a leak tbh. Huggies are sh*t even the manager in boots said they have constant complaints about them

:roll:

I find this really odd as I've always used Huggies and pampers always leaked! I also didn't like te sticky bits on pampers and they feel so gross when they r weed in lol whereas Huggies are almost velcro like and much softer.. And they feel unused when weed in (all from the outside lol!) my dads friend opened up a pampers nappy to change her daughter and it all split open and the crystals went everywhere all in her eyes and for hours she was pulling out the enlarged crystals from her eyes it was awful!! Really put me off ever trying them again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back