HSG booked!!!

Niknak82

Reaction score
Yay, at last after 3 attempts I have my HSG booked for next week. Feeling nervous but glad to finally be going.

Do I go on my own or take husband? (he is working so would take few hours off) will I feel ok after?

Aghhhh

Happy new year to all xxx

Hi Hon,

I think it says on my form that you need to take someone with you hon.
from what i understand it just feels a bit uncomfortable rather than hurts and you are fine the next day.
Good luck with it hon and let us know how it goes.

Love Gizzy xxxx

My DH is going with me to mine as I was told not to drive afterwards, so I'd take someone with you hun. From what I've read about it, some women take paracetamol before the procedure cos it can be uncomfortable and afterwards they experience period like pains but a bit more intense/uncomfortable.

I'm sure you'll be ok, just rest afterwards and take it easy.

x x

Hi girls, my hubby came with me for support. I didn't find it painful but was expecting it to be so I think the anticipation was worse than the procedure itself. Everyone is different tho. I took 2 nurofen about 45 mins before so maybe that helped me. I would have been physically ok to drive myself home but emotionally I was in no fit state cos I was crying so much (they wouldn't give me the results and the doctor looked really concerned so obv I thought the worst). Good luck girls, you'll be so glad once its done Xxx

Hope you don't mind but I just thought I'd add that my appointment for my HSG came through today funnily enough - 11th January. :)

x

Hi NikNak, I went on my own for my HSG as hubby couldn't get it off work, and was fine to drive home afterwards. I felt a bit dizzy straight after but had taken a chocolate bar and that sorted me right out. The pain was like a very sharp period pain for me, but didn't last long only a few minutes. I was thinking of that bfp the whole time! Oh and a couple of pain killers 45 mins before is a good tip. Good luck xxx

Thanks everyone for replying. Weirdly looking forward to getting it done now. I guess because it is sonething else ticked off. Hopefully hubby can grab a few hours off work later, if not will be on my own but thankfully only a 10 minute drive from the hospital.

Will keep you updated xx

Ok so that was not too bad. Admittedly I did find it hurt a fair bit. Just like very bad period pain but it was over so quickly I cannot grumble. I've had no problems since either.

I'm glad my husband came with me in the end even though all he did was sit in the waiting room and buy me coffee after :)

The consultant was fab as well and went through everything in detail which helped so much.

Anyway, after all the anxiety everything came back clear. Not really sure where that leaves me but at least it is out of the way now.

I have my follow up in a few weeks and not really sure what to expect now...

Good luck to anyone waiting for theirs, it's really not that bad xx

That's fab news niknak! So pleased for you and great you got the results today. It gives you peace of mind eh? And remember you're extra fertile right now :lol: so FX for this cycle! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Kay Kay...the lady said to be careful this month? I'm intrigued by the extra fertile...almost excited, ha ha! xx

Kay Kay...the lady said to be careful this month? I'm intrigued by the extra fertile...almost excited, ha ha! xx

oooh not sure why she said that, she does know you're ttc? lol :lol: google hsg success stories, apparently the dye can flush out any small blockages or mucus even if your tubes are clear like yours therefore giving you a better chance of conceiving. i went through a wee stage of reading the same stories over and over (cos i'm so very sad :blush:) a wee bit of hope can't be bad? xxx

I was told to avoid sex for 24-48 hours to avoid infection after mine so that could be what she meant about being careful hun. Not entirely sure tho. Glad it went well for you xx

Glad it went well hun. Got mine in a few days and I'm feeling pretty nervous!

x

Ah you will be ok miss July. Just a few deep breaths and it is over with. Good feeling afterwards to know you have done it as well. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back