Hycosy advice.

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I have to take 5 days of Doxycyline (2 before and for 3 days after) for my Hycosy next week? Has anyone had to take antibiotics before their hycosy and did they have any side effects?

Also how long do we stop DTD beforehand? The form says you should refrain from sex but it does not say for how long before.

And finally do you think I will be able to go back to work the day after???

Sorry for all the questions but I know some of the girls on here have had the hycosy. It appears to be different from the HSG???

Thanks

Love Gizzy xxx

:eh: i didnt get any antibiotics?? Hope i don't get an infection!

I also wasn't told not to BD, but it was well before OV anyhoo.

My HyCosy was Wed and we BD on Monday, i just made sure i was clean before i went in lol.

I wasn't sore at all afterwards, just a bit of a tummy ache later on, and a little bleeding (but i do think i have a high pain threshold now since dealing with horrendous AF)

Might be an idea to have the day off work so you can take everything in good or bad xxxx

I've also been given Doxycycline to take but for 5 days from the day I have my Hycosy. I've taken them before for chest infections and never had any trouble with them (and I do with quite a few antibiotics) one thing though, if you use sunbeds DON'T while you're on them as they can make you really sensitive and burn.

I was told not to have unprotected sex this cycle, but as I know when I ovulate I know when to avoid sex ;-) if you're having it before you ovulate though it's no problem.

Hiya hun, i didnt get the antibiotics for mine, however OH is taking Doxycycline for his eyes at the moment and they've made him quite poorly. Make sure you take them with a pint of water and have something to eat with them Tends to make them a bit easier for him :)And i agree with the above about the sunbeds! He was on them last summer when he went to the isle of man tt with his mates nd he turned into a flipping blistered lobster!! His gp never mentioned to him that they made your skin sensitive!! oops!! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back