HSG update

tract0rgirl

Reaction score
Hi, all - hope you're all ok. Just an update as I've just got back from my HSG. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Took some Neurofen before I went, just in case. It was like having a smear to start with - slightly uncomfortable. The radiographer was really nice and explained everything as she went along. There was light cramping for a few seconds when she inflated the balloon and then some more intense cramping as she injected the saline. Then the balloon fell out and she had to do it all again :wall2:

The cramping was a bit more intense the second time, but only lasted a few seconds. I saw everything on the monitor. The radiographer went through the x-ray frame by frame so she could show me the dye being injected and where it was going. The good news is that the dye went straight through - no blockages in either tube. And I also got two flush throughs :lol: The radiographer said they are well and truly clear after that!!

So, all in all - not too bad. Pain wasn't that bad and only lasted seconds anyway. There was some blood on the table when I got up and I've had a little bit of spotting since I got back. Not sure if the Neurofen are still working as I'm not having any post-HSG cramps yet, which is good.

So that's it for me - I've got to ring the fertility nurse in a week to get the results. If everything's ok, it's just a case of lots of sex and keep trying until the eggs dry up. Not much more I can do now. Let's hope this tube-flushing session helps in the next few months! xxxx

I am so glad it went better then you expected hun, and that you had a really nice radiographer.

This is next on my treatment list so it is very encouraging to hear that it wasnt to painful.

Fingers crossed that your nicely flushed tubes get you your BFP xxx

Thanks, ladies - the radiographer said it takes her longer to wash her hands than do the procedure. It was all over so quickly. Just try to relax and concentrate on the monitor (easier said than done, I know), but good luck for yours xx

Glad it all went well hun.

Hope it means a BFP for you soon :) xx

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought and excellent news about your tubes , get busy B'Ding now sending lots of luck your way x x x

That's fab :)

Keep at it and i'm sure you'll have a BFP soon ;)

So pleased your experience was OK and that no blockages were found, now you have to get :bd: with your freshly flushed tubes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thats really reassuring, I've got mine next week :(
Thanks for all the info!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member