How to remind myself to exercise pelvic floor muscles

littlemiss83

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I had no idea about anything to do with pelvic floor muscles til I was near the end of my 1st pregnancy. Now, after giving birth I've realised why you're encouraged to do it. Even 7 years down the line, I really wish I had practised my pelvic floor during that pregnancy.

I have the same problem I did with my first, I just dont know how to remind myself to do it, its fair enough saying...do it 10 x a day, but I still forget. For example, should I do it each time i've been to the toilet?

I need some tips on how to remind myself.

:wall2:

Set a daily reminder on your phone? :lol: not sure really, make yourslef do it whilst washing the dishes? in the shower??? x

Some people do it when brushing their teeth, I do it when I'm reading!

Thanks for that Sarah

I was just thinking there, I had back problems a while back and my physio told me to do very simple back exercises that you can do anywhere, but I had to do them once an hour and found it hard to remember, so I started doing them every time I use the bathroom. I may try and do the same with these.

Hey! Someone told be to think of the '3 Ts'...Traffic lights, telephone, television. One of the Ts could also be teeth!

Don't do it too much when on the toilet as it can cause UTIs apparently. Only do it to check that you're working the correct muscles.

Hope this helps! xxx

It is hard to remember I find as well, but I guess once you're in the habit it becomes second nature. I might try that 3 t's thing!......If you want to do them when you go to the loo don't do them while your peeing, it can interupt the reflex emptying of your bladder I think so best do them after you've been!

Thanks everyone

I meant, come off the toilet and do the exercises while washing my hands, or stand in the bathroom for a couple of sec's and do it before I walk out.

Sorry if its TMI but i'm always reminded about pelvic floor while i'm doing a pee (I still have to wear liners due to leakage from my first child)

Make one of your Ts toilet! Ha ha! I know what you mean now, but doing it whilst peeing just helps identify the muscles you want anyway!
Are we up to 5 Ts now then? Traffic lights, telephone, television, teeth and toilet! Brilliant!:dance:

brilliant thread, hadn't even thought about pelvic exercises but am going to be doing them during the 5 T's as well now :) thanks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back