Pelvic Floor muscles!

Tilly

Reaction score
I am a little bit worried about my pelvic floor muscles, I am not going to say I did my exercises religiously whilst pregnant but I did do them whenever I remembered! My beautiful daughter is now almost 2 weeks old and I don't feel as though I have any pelvic floor muscles. I can just about hold a wee in for a couple of seconds but I think a little may come out, but I have no chance of stopping or slowing down the flow once it starts.

Is this normal does anybody know? I am doing my exercises now and when my bladder is empty I think I can feel my muscles contracting with the exercises.

I'm just after any advice please

Thank you

Well speaking from experience (over 5 months since I had my son and I am classed as incontinent still) all I can say is keep doing your pelvic floor exercises. At least 50 times a day. When sat feeding, driving, sitting.... as much as you can. You should see improvement.

There really isn't much else to be done so soon after giving birth. The medical advice is pelvic floor and if I were you I'd make regular trips to the loo to empty your bladder. There is no miracle cure. Only time and pelvic floor for now. They don't tend to investigate till at least 6 months after giving birth as its preferred to let nature do its healing over time.

Also its good to avoid caffeine and stick to decaf in limited amounts, drink fresh water and avoid squashes etc. Fresh juice one glass a day. And no fizzy crap.

If you have any other Q's drop me a PM. I am pretty well versed on incontinence after giving birth ;) Been living with it for over 5 months and have had gyne checks etc. I'm happy to talk more via PM if you need it. I tend to spare people the details in public :roll: :lol:

If you are able to actually make it to the loo before weeing too much (or wetting yourself) then I'd say that's pretty good going already. If you are actually totally incontinent before getting there then please drop me a PM and I'll be happy to go into more detail about what you can do to get some help etc.

Depends on the actual control you have atm really. If you have a decent amount then it should improve in the coming weeks so long as you do your pelvic floor. You can always ask your GP or HV to refer you for physio for it if need be. Might take a couple of weeks to come through and it'll only be a couple of appointments but it might help if you think you are not doing your pelvic floor correctly.

Also be aware that nerve damage in labour can take up to a year or so to heal. It takes that long for nerves to regrow. So the sensation you have there should improve also.

I had terrible problems with my bowels after I had Miss Evie :talkhand: I never did any pelvic floor exersises during labour so I should of expected it :oops: :doh: I had a 3rd degree tear though which went through the muscle which was probably the cause.

Anyway, I do my exersises now and I have seen a vast improvement in my bowel control!! It's quite amazing really, so it's never too late. Get doing them!!

And pronto!! lol

:lol:

xx

dannii87 said:
I had terrible problems with my bowels after I had Miss Evie :talkhand: I never did any pelvic floor exersises during labour so I should of expected it :oops: :doh: I had a 3rd degree tear though which went through the muscle which was probably the cause.

Anyway, I do my exersises now and I have seen a vast improvement in my bowel control!! It's quite amazing really, so it's never too late. Get doing them!!

And pronto!! lol

xx

:think: pelvic floor exercise whilst in labour.... danni i couldnt even of thought about doing that haha! do they really advise you to do it in labour? friggin hell!

i do them now... religiously

I had this after having Tamzin and I kept up the pelvic floor exercises all the time on the advice of Sherlock and it's all back to normal now! I still find it difficult to fully stop the flow when I go but it does slow down which it never did before but at least I don't wee before getting to the toilet anymore! I used to hate going out incase it happened whilst I was out!

***vix*** said:
dannii87 said:

And pronto!! lol

xx

:think: pelvic floor exercise whilst in labour.... danni i couldnt even of thought about doing that haha! do they really advise you to do it in labour? friggin hell!

i do them now... religiously
Oooops!! I meant during pregnancy :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back