How to get baby to drink water?!

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Dd is nearly 7 months, been waening since 5 months. She doesnt drink water i try and give it with every meal the most she drinks is 1/4oz a day. She does have formula still and ill occasially put a little extra in with that. Ive tried baby juices she doesnt like those either. Ive started to notice her nappies are less wet last day or so. I just dont know how to make her drink it.
Any advise?

My little one is 10 months and has only been drinking water for 2 weeks. I tried a few different sippy cups then just gave him water at lunch time in a random cup. He showed zero interest until the day he put it in his mouth and drank, before then he just threw the cup on the floor. I think they will drink it when they are ready. Formula/milk should be their main source of nutrition until they are 1, so don't offer water over that and if you think she is thirsty offer more milk, just try a beaker of water offered with food and when she is ready she will take it.

My little one was the same with water until I tried her with an avent sippy cup that had a spout that was the same material as a bottle teat and then she drank loads.. but it’s also worth noting if you are doing purees while weaning these will also have water content so goes towards daily fluid intake x

Try a different cup like a new different one and use it for water.

Jackson would only have water in the sippy and milk in his bottle. Wouldn't have milk from the sippy ever only water.

Carter is the same he doesn't drink milk from the sippy.

You could try flavouring some with some lemon lime in like a fusion bottle then serve her that. That way it's natural flavoured water and no diff to her eating a bit of fruit and drinking some water.

I buy the frozen smoothie mixes from aldi and pop them in a fusion bottle for a day (filtered) and then that does his lunch/dinner.

xxx

I remember i was giving mine LO water by spoons, he did not want to drink at all, we were trying everything but nothing worked. Then he started to drink a lot of water just by himself. So it takes time, at least they need milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back