constipation & water

mum2A&L

Reaction score
not sure if this is best posted here or under feeding.

Alice is constipated. She is back up to her birth weight (6lb 2 oz! YEY!), and my MW mentioned a week ago that when she is back above her birth weight, i could try her on cooled boiled water. But stupid me forgot to ask how much i should try her on :doh:

anyone got any advise?

I would say she is being fed 2-3rds formula 1-3rd me. when she is in the mood she is being feed off me and topped up on formula, if needed. breastfeeding is too much like hard work for her :( , and she got too used to the bottle in the hospital (they wanted to get fluids into her quickly).

I just used to use little 4oz bottles with Jack
They only need a little bit, Jack would only take 1oz of water at a time

I'd just give her it as and when between feeds

cheers jo. i will try that. i don't want to fill her up on water so she doesn't drink her milk.

if i try and get her to take more off me, will that help her as well? am i right in thinkng it is the formula that is making her constipated?

I didn't breastfeed hun so i don't know really, i know fore milk is for thirst and hind milk for hunger but thats it

Jack only got constipated once and the boiled water seemed to do the trick

when she next wakes i am going to try her on some water. See if she will take it. thanks again!

I hate her being constipated. I can sort out hunger, wet nappys, or if she just a cuddle. I can't help her poop easier :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back