oh the smell.... :-(

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Layla is now 8 months old and has had quite strong smelling urine for past couple of days. She drinks approx 20 oz milk a day but will take very little water or juice. She still has usual wet nappies but just quite strong smelling. Could it be that she is not taking enough fluid and so her urine is quite concentrated or could it be a sign of a urine infection? It really smells as bad sometimes of cat pee :-( xx

Not sure but didnt want to read and run.
Might be worth a call to the hv or even NHS direct just to see if she needs checking for a urine infection.

Not sure Hun, but didn't want to read and run. Hope it's not an infection xx

yeah i was panicing about this. come at such an awkward time with packing and moving....

ive just read online too that it could be due to teething and when a tooth is about to show??? xx

thanks emma... me too. :-( she does seem to be a bit groggy this morn too... and got a niggly cough :-( xx

I'd call n check for infection hun! Hope everythings ok x

Could be a sign of infection or a blockage? My OH had a really bad urine infection a couple of years ago caused by a stricture (don't ask lol), then he went to have a camera up his manhood and they made the stricture worse, now when he needs to go he really needs to go but he can't always drain it all out cause of the stricture, and because of this some wee will always remain in the tube and it makes his wee stiiiiiiiink, esp first thing in the morning.

It's defo worth asking an HV or doctor hun just to be safe!

ooh worth getting checked just incase - hope shes ok

Probably just from teething, try giving her just some plain water or diluted (non sweet) cranberry juice (which lanna loves!) which really helps if theres even a little bit of an infection x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back