6months+ how much to drink?

trixipaws

Reaction score
just wondered how much y'all babies are drinking.

now melissa has 3 large (for her size!) meals a day she doesnt want a lot of milk.

i'd just started formula in afternoons but she's dropped it, and she hardly seems to take much at all from my breast either. i BF only twice in 24 hours now, and only for bout 5 minutes. i went over 36 hours without feeding or expressing and they didnt engorge at all, so i assume she has very little milk to drink now.

i offer her water after every meal, she drinks around 10mls a time, but on average each day she drinks 30 to 70 mls of water.

when i offer it ill let her drink then pull away to catch her breath, then offer again she usually takes a bit more. if she does ill keep offering until she just chews the spout, which is usually the 2nd or 3rd time- only the first offering she seems to take thirstily, so she doesnt seem to be thirsty generally.

is this enough? bearing in mind i dont think she takes a lot of milk?

it sounds ok to me. just keep offering juice or water at meal times and have a beaker of water for her at all times too to sip as and when she wants it.

try offering her milk before a meal??? when shes hungry. then give her solids if you're worried that shes not taking enough milk :)

thanku i'll try that. how long should i allow her to feed tho so she dont fill up on it and not leave room for solids?

yeah im still BF but not much. she doesnt take much milk now shes eating lots. i'd started a bottle of formula in afternoons but she's dropped her afternoon milk, she only has milk at bedtime (7pm) and during the nite (dont kno what time lol im too tired to look i just latch her on and fall asleep!) and i can tell she's not having much coz my boobs dont get full

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back