How old?

DeeDee

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I am new to this site, I have recently got married and my husband and I want to start trying for a family straight away, however when discussing this with friends and family we have had a lot of negative comments because of our age - nearly 24. We were really excited about trying for a baby but now we feel like when we do get pregnant we will have to tell people it was an accident as they all think we are too young to want to start a family.

Just wondered if anyone was in the same position, being young (ish) and wanting babies.

Thanks

I dont think you are 'too young' atall. And who says there is a 'right' age to get pregnant, at the end of the day is is down to weather you feel ready or not, and you obviously are! If you feel that the time is right then go for it, who care what other people think? its up to you hun, do what feels right, and good luck in ttc
Laura

I agree. I don't think there is a right time either. If you wait for the perfect time, you'll be waiting for ever.

I think society puts too much pressure on women to have children later because we are supposed to be having the perfect career first, but actually you are at your most fertile when you're under 30.

The weird thing is that I think the pressure changes overnight. Now that I'm 32 I'm getting the other pressure i.e. "don't you think you ought to be getting on with it before it's too late" pressure!

I say, if it feels right, go for it! :D

No youre not too young.

I'm 23 , 24 in November and have been trying for just over a year. I am not married but getting wed in Dec. If it feels right then do it, its your body and your life... take control noone else will! You have already shown your maturity by discussing it in your mind and on the forum.... youre ready to be a mummy!

Good luck i hope your PG soon!!!!!

I don't think you're 'too young' at all. People will always like to share chip in their 2 cents - pay no attention. When it's right for you, it's right - end of story. Good luck :)

Age is completely irrelevant!!

What's more important is that you and your partner feel ready as a couple to take the step!!

I am 24 (just had my b-day yesterday :D) and I got married last year and we decided a few months after getting married that we were ready to try for a baby.

The other thing is that it is totally irrelevant what other people think about it.

I think you should go for it, and to heck with what anyone else thinks, there's only two people in a marriage and it's only their opinion that counts!

If you're ready then by all means go for it! All that matters is that you're emotionally and financially stable. I just turned 20 and am expecting my first, although DH and I weren't TTC, I'm very thankful we're stable. Good Luck! :D

hi dee dee

I had my son when I was 24, he's 10yrs old now, and we have a great relationship as I am still quite a young mum, so can keep up with him!

You and your husband know if you are ready to start a family, and it is completely up to you. When I was in hospital having my son, I felt really old, as all the other mothers were 18 or so....so times have certainly changed!lol!

Good luck to you, hope it all goes well for you

Hi there
Believe me im in the same position that you are in.I have just turned 21 and me and my husband have been married almost 2 years we were pregnant once before wgen i was 19 but lost the baby a week before delivery :cry:
my family was never to thrilled or still isnt so much neither my friends well there supportive but its hard cause they are living a different life almost one with no worries!(i mean parying all the time with not much responsibility)well me on the other hand is married wanting kids again!My mother still gives me the wait your still to young you should be more finacially set ya da ya ad ya da.....But you know what its your life and if you want to start a family go right ahead 24 isnt to young at all!

well i will stop blabing and if you ever want to chat to someone just write me!
good luck with your family

L

i don't think you are too young to start a family, i was 23 when i had my litlle boy and he was defiantly planned. he is the best thing that has happened to us. he makes us smile when we are down and is the light of our life. we are now trying for our second child which is proving a little more difficult we have been trying for 4 months now, i'm 8 days late this month but have done 3 pregnancy test all negative.

Good luck with the family and enjoy every minute of trying!!

i was 25 when i had my little girl i felt young but when i visited the hospital on ante natel i felt very old the average age seemed to be 17, nearly 11 years later we are trying to concieve again how old will i feel if and when i ever get caught. :(

I dont really understand why they say your young? Maybe if you were single and 14 years old there might be issues. Your married and thats what normal people do, they start a family. Ive never heard people thinking 24 was young for a family before, as they say the best time is 23 as you are most fertile. What age did they have children?

Im 23 getting married in July baby due november

Hi DeeDee!!
I don't think you are too young at all. I was 22 in March and found out I was pregnant the day after my birthday!! My partner and I had been trying and I was lucky to concieve in the first month of trying.
It's not about how old you are or even about whether you are married or not. It's about you and your partner feeling stable and happy and ready to take that next step.
My partner and I have been together since I was 18 and the only reason we didn't plan to have a baby sooner was because I wanted to finish my uni degree. If I'd never gone to uni then I'm sure we would have started trying for a baby a couple of years ago!!
Good Luck xxxx

I don't think there is any problem with you are either. I am 21 now got married in the June last year and we have been TTC for the last few months. I have been with my husband since I was 15 - so we know we are fine together. As long as you are in a stable relationship that is all that matters.

S. xx :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back