Who is waiting till they can TTC?

Ellie2705

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section!

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat and waiting a while before they start trying?

I'll be waiting until nearer the end of the year as we're getting married in July and want to buy our house just after that. Trying to get as much info as I can at the moment so at least im a wee bit prepared.
I've wanted children since I was quite young, think im just a very maternal person and since I dont have parents and not much family I would really love to start a little family of my own and be someones mummy :)

Not really sure when to come off my pill, I have two months supply left and Im not sure wether to come off once they're finished or go and get another 6 months supply? Don't want to make it an even longer wait!!

E x

i'd go talk to your doctor about it when you finish them. they'll be able to give advice as you will have7 or 8 months until you want to ttc but the pill can take ages to get out your system - or no time at all! you could always ask for 3 months or so of the pill or finish taking them early or you could use another form for the next few months - like condoms or something that wont mess up your body.

good luck!

Think I will probably just stop after these ones are finished and just be careful and use condoms till we are properly ready, let my body get back to normal. Its sods law that if i come off now and dont use anything it will happen quickly, but if i keep taking them for another 6 months it will take years to fall pregnant!

5 years sounds so long! My OH tried to tell me we had to wait for 5 years after we get married and I had to put my foot down! Too long to wait for our first I think, but I talked him round eventually and he sees it my way now! :D

Hiya,

I am waiting too - hopefully only a couple of months tho - can't wait. I don't want there to be a massive gap between next LO and my DD

Me! Maybe when wee man is 9mths, or 1 :)

ps I cant wait :cheer: :cheer:

Hi, yep I am in the same boat. We are going to wait a year before TTC- we have a few things that need sorting out, such as finding out if we need to move house or not! But until then I will have to wait, not so patiently!! :wall:
I have started collecting a few things for a baby, it makes me feel a little bit better knowing that I am doing something progressive towards having a baby. :)

A year sounds so long but I bet it will just fly by!
I was going to suggest buying things and sort of preparing ourselves for when it happens then its not so much of an expense all at once but I think my OH will think im strange and obsessive :( Going to start taking folic acid in the next few months and i've decided to come off my pill next month so at least thats something :)

Ellie2705 said:
I was going to suggest buying things and sort of preparing ourselves for when it happens then its not so much of an expense all at once but I think my OH will think im strange and obsessive :(

You might be surprised! My hubby is very supportive and was even taking photos on his mobile of my excited face when I was looking at baby things in Tesco's!? :dance: It felt strange buying baby things at first, be we are starting to really get into it. Especially now we have a date in mind. Even if your OH will think you're strange, you could always buy things and hide them around the house... :lol:

i get married in 6 months and we are in and out of work

so me n other half have decided to wait till we are more stable

so im in the same boat as u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14