age between children

lesleyann23

Reaction score
Me and my OH have been discussing trying for another we have a 10 week old and are wanting them close together, but how close is too close. Any experience welcome, we both want to get it done together so we then have time when we are older for us rather than spending the next 30 years raising children. How close are your children, how did you cope, any regrets?
Thanks

Hi Lesleyann,
I think having them close together is a great idea. I can't offer any advice (cos I have no experience raising kiddies... yet...), but I would have thought it's only a bad idea if you're feeling overwhelmed raising the one you have. It sounds like you're not overwhelmed at all, so I'd say go for it :)
Xx

I would like them close together, but ideally i wouldn't want two "babies" on my hands.

Looking at my friends families, i think i'd like the older child to be able to feed themselves and occupy themselves - which will be by at least 1 year old by the arrival of the next baby.

Like Bead said though, it depends on how you feel you are coping already :)

thanks for your kind words and hopefully you will have your own bundle of joy soon. good luck

i had my boys 11 months apart and i have to say having 2 kiddies so close was quiet hard and takes a little of the fun out of it. I had my other babies 2 3 years apart and found it so much better but then again i was younger and knew less back then. I suppose its down to you really hun xxxx

thanks I apreciate your opinions. my thought is it might take months of trying to have another but even if it didnt my first would be one by the time number 2 arrived. im really unsure if im being a bit nieve I dont want to just cope.

Mine are a year and 17 days apart and I honestly wouldn't change it ! It is hard, but so rewarding at the same time! I do sometimes feel they suffer a little, like the older one tends to play "younger" with her sister than she does kids her own age and the younger obe doesn't have ad much attention cos she can't tell me what she wants just yet! But I think it's the same to an extent with any age gap! That said tho, if I have another it wont be for atleast 2 years til my implant comes out! But that's only cos im not in a relationship! I'd have another today if I could!

thanks its nice to hear from people who have done it, think id stop after one more id have two and a step son at weekends which would be enough.

i think we will have 2 reasonably close together.....just cos of my age. was thinking of having one then ttc 12-18 months later.....thats assuming all goes to plan of course...xx

My children are only 1 year apart, i like it like that, considering me and my sister are 5 years. It was hard because when I was turning 10, my sister was 15 and when I was 15 my sister was 20 so it was a big age gap.
(-: good luck!

Sounds like a brill plan to me hen.by the time you conceive and in through the pregnancy and what not your baby may be nearly or over a year old anyway so maybe the new baby will encourage her compassionate side and not get jealous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back