How old was your LO when...*UPDATED PG2!!!*

Sage

Reaction score
they first lay on their stomach and could lift their head?

just curious? If i put kyran on his front he screams his head off and snogs the carpet!! literally cant lift his head even 1cm!

Jess was probably only a few days old when she could lift her head up, but usually ends up eating carpet after a couple of seconds.

IIRC baby smile is 2 days older than Kyran - he has been able to lift his head from day 1 but apparently so could I :shock: :oops:

but.... he still hates his tummy and screams ++ can kyran hold his head up when you are holding him?

Sage said:
snogs the carpet!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

all vbabies develop at different speeds.. edwards legs are really really strong.. he could take is own weight at about a week old..and he can sit pretty good on my lap jsut with my arm around him for security.. but then he doesnt lift things to play with or grab toys yet.. and babies his age are supposed to do that.. my hv said give him a few mins floor time a day on his tummy to strenthen his neck so perhaps just keep trying him?

Lilys always has been head strong when I put her on her tummy shes ok for about a minute then starts doing the worm lol :rotfl:

ps. I've just looked up the normal range for this - 3-6m ( although lots do it at 3/4 months it is stil normal development as long as they get it by 6months! - Kyran's got ages :) )

lol honestly its quiet amusing he just lies face down mouth wide open screaming and when i pick him up he usually has a mouthful of fluff stuck to his chops! Ive tried a pillow under his chest to get his head off the floor but he just crashes back down snogging the carpet and leaves dribble patches everwhere! the neighbours must think im beating him!!

praps i dont leave him there long enough to give him a chance but he just gets so upset i feel cruel if i leave him longer than a couple mins.

thats a good point smile yes he can hold his head excellently when hes upright. he can support himself when hes sitting on my lap if i hold his hands with only an occassional wobble. i just thought since he can hold his head up so well when hes sitting why cant he when hes on his tummy?

praps he'll be a bump shuffler not a crawler, i use to scoot across the floor on my bum at lightning speed according to my dad and hated my tummy so praps my boys more like me than i thought?!

it is harder to lift your head than to keep it up so he's workign towards it :) and TBH - it sounds like he may be like my LO and jsut not fancy it! Baby smile looks at me and screams if I put him on his tummy as if to say "what are you doing to me Mum! I was perfectly happy on your lap!" xx

haha yeh exactly! he gives me filthy looks when i pick him back up. I'll keep trying for a couple mins each day. hey and if anything it normally gets a huge dirty old man belch out of him! :rotfl:

oh yeh slightly off subject how did the second set of jabs go for baby smile? Kyran was much better this time although i still felt physically sick before taking him in :roll:

oh yeh slightly off subject how did the second set of jabs go for baby smile? Kyran was much better this time although i still felt physically sick before taking him in Rolling Eyes

oh you poor thing! :hug:

Baby smile took them in his stride again - yelled at me then grinned at the nurse like the flirt he is! :roll: He had a reaction unfortunately though this time although only mild - very grizzly and clingy, wouldn't feed - screamed if his legs were touched and felt hot although he didn't have a fever.

I cured him with a dose of calpol and cuddles with mummy and he went to sleep and woke up fine the next day :dance:

only one more set for each of them now until their mmrs at a year! :cheer:

He has his last set on 8th may - have you booked yours yet?

harrison lifts his head now and has done from birth but he soon gets tired and snogs the carpet :rotfl: :rotfl:

Each LO is different, it doesn't matter when they do it :)
Isaac was lifting his head from laying down from day one, but lots of babies do, and lots don't, it doesn't mean anything :hug: Isaac always hated tummy time too, babies will still learn to crawl etc regardless of disliking tummy time :wink: :hug: Just pick him up and try again another time if he doesn't like it. Very best wishes :hug:

Yeh im not too worried, well im not worried at all. he'll get there eventually! Just everyone else seems to be able to do it from birth but not my little one! lol hes proud to be a carpet snogger obviously!

I tried him this morning and as expected he carpet snogged but im sure there was a bit of tounge action in there today as well! :shock: Since he had a fluffy tounge when i picked him up! I'll have to keep him locked up from the girls if he's practicing his pulling technique already! :rotfl:

He has his last set on 8th may - have you booked yours yet?

They normally send me a date but im positive its guna be the 8th as well! They have three jabs this time :shock: Im hoping he'll be as good as last time. He screamed the building down to start with but i brought a bottle with me last time and he soon forgot after he'd had his pint! :roll: :)

i was told to roll a blanket up and put under his chest to help him , ive also just brought a play gym that has a tummy time pillow , its fab and i think his lifting his head soooo much better now ! still wobbly tho lol

george could support his head from birth and could lift his head when on his front for a few seconds - he also enjoys standing up and did so from birth. But all babies aer very different, my daughter is quite a slow developer so i think the g-man is making up for it!

I find tummy time works better when I put him across my knee and move my legs up and down a little bit - he supports his head because he has too - there is nothing to lie on :D he has been able to support it for a while but not well when he is tired. I learnt this at baby yoga by the way - the babies prefer it and you can pat them easily at the same time

I tried him lying on his belly across my lap. he still complained but it was definately a "why the hell do you have to keep turning me the wrong way round cry" rather than his usual "FU**ING PICK ME UP NOW" cry.

He stopped crying when he found he could suck my knee :roll: He was more interested in doing that than lifting his head! but within 5mins he did a 3D burp and boffed all down my leg and into my slippers....nice! His way of showing gratitude for tummy time me thinks! :rotfl:

At last!! Hes 4 and a half months but its finally clicked!!! So proud!! :D

DSC00061.jpg

edit: haha! eeewwww just noticed the huge string of dribble heehee little minger!

Asher was about 5 months when he finally managed it for any length of time.

But then he's the laziest baby in the world. He can do a lot of things, but just can't be bothered half the time!

K.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back