standing at 6 weeks...........

jennywren

Reaction score
well not unaided like - now that wouldbe bloody clever lol - but since 6 weeks oran will stand up on our legs, and he has only got stronger, quite litteraly if you hold him (like underhis arms) and put his feet on your legs / floor / table, anything really, he stands up and locks his legs, he also in the past 4-5 days has decided he prefers this and its really hard to get him sat upand he just locks his legs and tries to stand! He also (and this is going tobe hard to explain so you might not understand lol) if he is lay down and you put your hands kinds thumbs under his armpits and the rest of your hands cupped round his head and slowly lift him to a sitting position, he keeps pushing his feet against the floor once he reaches sitting position so he stands up!

Heis so funny when he does it now as he will juststand there for ages as he wonts bend his knees - its like he is going, its taken me all this effort, so I aint sitting down you crazy fool.

Anyone elses LO's do/did this as when people hold him and he does it they always say ''god he can stand on his legs already'' and my niece at 4months and frinds LO at 6 months cant do it as well as him but as this is my first I didnt know if it was 'normal' or not lol, or if im gonna have a swimmer or something and he will be runnign around at 4 months ha ha

I think keeley was about 3 months when she started doin this and god help me know she doesn't want to do anythin but stand up...

we went thru a stage of her wanting her bottle standin up :roll:

Keeley has really strong legs now and i know a 10month old baby who isn't interested in it at all...

Just wait til he's older and weighs more :lol:

I will try with teej tomorrow, but it sounds like Oran is a little genius!!! :clap:

missac said:
I will try with teej tomorrow, but it sounds like Oran is a little genius!!! :clap:

he he I have a little genius yey yey

Ill get B to film it tomorrow and then ill post up the video if I can get it uploaded on to photobucket, then you can see what I mean and that im not dreaming (I hope Im not bloody dreaming ha ha)

:rotfl: at keeley wanting her bottle standing up though ha ha ha.

jayde will stand up on her legs too when we hold her on our legs well done oran :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

what a clever chap!!! :cheer: :clap:

people used to 'moan' at me because alice did this at a simular age :x ('she will end up with bowed legs' that type of thing)

now, if we hold her hands, she walks. problem is, she loves this new trick!!! my back doesn't :lol:

Sam&Alice said:
what a clever chap!!! :cheer: :clap:

people used to 'moan' at me because alice did this at a simular age :x ('she will end up with bowed legs' that type of thing)

now, if we hold her hands, she walks. problem is, she loves this new trick!!! my back doesn't :lol:

We had the same! Brody has been doing this since about the same age as Oran and I've had people say not to let him do it for too long at a time etc :think:

I can't see that it would do them any harm it's not like they are stood for a long time and they are supported! The nurse has commented on Brody's muscly legs so maybe it is helping strengthen his muscles! :lol:

Well done Oran you clever little man! :clap: :clap:

Libby has been doing this for a few weeks too. She has really strong legs, and loves locking her legs straight :D

Well Done Oran for having big strong legs :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back