Worried about my son

soverign

Reaction score
Well hes 8 months old in 2 days. I am a little worried about his development. If we lay him on his back he can't and wont even try to roll over. We have helped him over and over to show him that he can do it. But no he still just lays there, even when we encourage him with toys and things. Another thing is that when we lay him on his front he wont even push up or attempt to move. He just lays there with his nose in the carpet screaming. Again we have tried to encourage him with toys and objects.

When he was younger he could use his legs to hold onto things like the coffee table or the sofa in a standing position. He can't even do that anymore. He just hets himself fall onto his bum.

He doesn't sit very well either. I have to sit behind him to make sure he doesn't take a nose dive or flop to the side and bump his head. He sits for a few seconds and then just completely loses balance.

I was really upset last week as my friend brought her 6 month old round. He rolled straight onto his tummy and off he went crawling round the room collecting caelans toys. My little man cant even roll never mind crawl!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey hun dont worry i had the same worries too as Calleigh still doesnt roll at all, either way. The most she will roll is too her side and that is if i go to feed her lying down. She doesnt do tummy time either she dislikes it, but like you i keep perservering and she is slowly tollerating longer amounts of times and i am only talking about a matter of mins.

Calleigh also about a month ago i think started to bear weight on her legs and before that never did, but she still cant stand steadlily if held so isnt going to be pulling herself up anytime soon.

If you are really worried hun take him to your HV, but i wouldnt worry just yet hun. I am letting Calleigh go at her own pace and TBH at least this year we wont have the chrimbo tree being pulled down :lol: as she cant get to it.

Oh thankyou hun. It just makes me seem like a bad mum and people probably think that I don't try but I do! I hardly go out so I spend all of my tile playing with him and trying to teach him things!

He has a walker as well and he enjoys sitting in it but thats as far as it goes! We have tiles so he is able to move very easily but he choses not to! I think he is just very lazy!

soverign said:
Oh thankyou hun. It just makes me seem like a bad mum and people probably think that I don't try but I do! I hardly go out so I spend all of my tile playing with him and trying to teach him things!

He has a walker as well and he enjoys sitting in it but thats as far as it goes! We have tiles so he is able to move very easily but he choses not to! I think he is just very lazy!

Your not a bad mum at all :hug: we just have terribly lazy babies.

We have a walker too, but the most she does in it is rock it back and forward :lol:

Hi hun,

I can understand your concerns and you are EXACTLY the same as I felt 2 months ago! My LO started rolling around at about 8months and started crawline at 9 months. Like you, I had friends with babies months younger than my LO that were doing everything and it made me so worried, I would have sleepless nights over it!

Your LO will do everything in his own time hun. And trust me, when he does, bang goes those coffee brake's on the sofa!!

xx

LOL I know I should probably make the most of it because once hes off it's going to be hard work! I just don't want people to think I don't try with him. My family ring me up and ask me what he learn't and its very embarrasing when I tell them that he can only just sit! Well all good things come to those who wait eh! :D

Thankyou ladies! :hug:

It is difficult not to compare kids & to worry about slow development, but the 6 month old sounds a bit advanced in the crawling stakes - you'll probably find that all of a sudden he'll roll over, back again, start to crawl then pull himself up - and it will all happen in a matter of weeks.

Babies do things at different times, he's probably just happy how he is at the moment, and see's no reason to do all these things just yet......try not to worry - just make the most of not having to chase around the house after him yet :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back