Your 6 month old...

Krystal

Reaction score
Right I think i've probably posted something similar before but I wanted to know what Jack *should* be doing now. I know people say don't compare LO's cos they do things at their own pace but it's difficult not to sometimes, I just want to make sure i'm doing everything I should with him.

Rolling: he rolls onto his side then back again but hasn't even attempted to roll right onto his tummy.. should he be able to do this by now?

Sitting: Probably too early to sit, he kinda just lolls to the front if I try sitting him. When he's in his high chair he is fine and I sit him in his bumbo and he loves it. What age do they sit?

Lifting his head: Tummy time he does lift his head but gets really frustrated after a couple of minutes and kinda bangs his head forward.

Standing: I know my cousins baby and my friends baby who were born the first 2 weeks after Jack seem really strong on their legs, obviously you have to support them but they kind of stand. Jack just feels floppy and won't put weight on them really. Should he be?

It's not that I care if he does these things, I just get concerned sometimes that i'm not doing enough with him to encourage these things? :(

Rolling: he rolls onto his side then back again but hasn't even attempted to roll right onto his tummy.. should he be able to do this by now?

Ryan did that for a bit... http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=43 ... m=text_url but then one day just figured it out. Now, as you can tell from most of my pictures, he loves being on his tummy. He rolled over a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Sitting: Probably too early to sit, he kinda just lolls to the front if I try sitting him. When he's in his high chair he is fine and I sit him in his bumbo and he loves it. What age do they sit?

Ryan falls to the front too but is fine in the bumbo... so I don't know really...

Lifting his head: Tummy time he does lift his head but gets really frustrated after a couple of minutes and kinda bangs his head forward.

Ryan's always been very strong with his neck so has always held his head up pretty well. This is him today http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4f ... m=text_url I already posted it in the pictures section.. he sort of rocks..

Standing: I know my cousins baby and my friends baby who were born the first 2 weeks after Jack seem really strong on their legs, obviously you have to support them but they kind of stand. Jack just feels floppy and won't put weight on them really. Should he be?

Ryan also has quite muscular legs - they were so obvious we could see in the 4d scan that they were very built up. He sort of bounces now as opposed to standing (held of course) but I heard that babies lose their ability to know how to stand and about this age its ok for them to be floppy on their feet...

That's probably not much help but wanted to answer :hug: They all do things at different stages but I know what you mean about comparing to others. He's cut 2 teeth already too and theres a 9 month old baby at my mums and toddlers group whos only just started teething. They're all different and special in their own way but they all catch up eventually. As long as he's happy and healthy that's the most important thing :)

:hug:

Rolling - Lola can roll from her tummy to her back but not the other way yet.

Sitting - Lola can sit on her own now. I didn't really do anything to help do this she just did it on her own.

Lifting head - Lola's the same as Jack. A couple mins max the she just rolls onto her back.

Standing - She's quite strong on her legs. She can stand for about 5 mins just holding our hands but then gets bored :D

I wouldn't worry about him. He'll learn in his own time :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your replies girls, guess he'll do everything in his own time. As long as he's happy and healthy.. which he is.. then i'm happy. :hug:

I did mention the standing thing to my HV and she said he's fine he just is a well built baby. You think she was trying to tell me I got a lil fatty :lol:

cant really remember all of it but i do remember Willow was sitting up unaided at 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back