Asleep on his tummy?

Fly

Reaction score
Henry's never liked sleeping on his back - he hates it and since i seen a midwife and a nurse do it when we he was first born, i've been putting him to sleep on his side...but last few nights he's taken absolutely bloody ages to settle down - he is feeding lots through the day now and last night he was feeding every two hours and he's not slept at all today (boob-fest all day) growth spurt :cheer: so he was probably over tired...
I breastfed him to sleep and carried him to his cradle and he slept for about ten minutes before he was awake again crying. lee went in and held his hand back to sleep again and he was good for another ten minutes and then he was awake crying again... so i went in there and found him arching his back with tummy ache but virtually asleep, so i gently turned him onto his tummy for a bit of pressure and rubbed his back and he's gone off to sleep like a dream...this was at 9pm and he's still :sleep: :shhh:

He's just comin up for three months old now and has really strong head control and can lift his head and chest up really well when he's on his tummy so was just wondering really if anyone else has let their babba sleep on their tummies before the usual recommended time?

I know that when i was a baby mums were told to put their babies on their tummys to sleep so am thinkin what was good for me n my brother is also good for henry.. never had this issue with charlie he always slept beautifully on his back :doh:

Love n :shhh: he needs to sleep to grow as well as eat lots lol :lol: Sarah xxxxx

My H.V told me to put theo on his tummy when he was about the same age as Henry. we tired it for 1 night but he didnt get on sleeping like it. we have always put him on his side though, not his back. (as he would never settle like this). i would personally say go for it (as long as his mattress is breathable). i always think that i cant sleep anyway other then on my left side, and the same with theo. so im sure that henry just finds sleeping on his tummy right for him.

when i told my mum that babies "should" be on their backs, she couldnt believe it, as of course she put me and my sisters on our tummies.as long as he can lift his head i think it fine personally! my friends baby had always slept face down with his hands over his face and hes been fine. i think its defo worth a try hun.
(but thats just my oppinion)! :hug:

well i've had my bubs sleeping on his tummy for about 3 weeks now because he much prefers it, won't settle on his side or front like he did when he was still being swaddled. I do have a sensor monitor underneath him and he had great neck and back control so wasn't too worried doing it.

Dexter has been sleeping on his tummy since he was around 3 months, he also head strong head control early on and just settled much better this way. I was a bit wary of doing it at first because of all the advice but we found it worked for us. I did it during day time naps at first just so I could watch him and see how he was - once I was reassured that he always slept with his head to the side and could lift it well I stopped worrying! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back