Scared shes slow!

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Poppy's now 3 1/2 months old, she HATES tummy time.
as soon as you put her on her front shell scream after a minute and ill turn her back onto her back.
she has about 5 mins tummy time a day but even then she will lift her head up a tiny bit not alot and just grixxly most the time shes on her tummy.
She hasnt fully rolled over yet either.
my sons 2 and isnt properly walking yet and was VERY slow with everything, he cudnt hold his head unsupported until about 6 months old and didnt sit unaided until 14 months old.

Is there any other things i can do with her to strength her to help her develop when she should?
We have a jumperoo that we have put her in a few times and she now sits in the big part of the pushchair instead of the lay flat bit.

will putting her in a bumbo help maybe?

Thanks

Hey hun, my little boy is 9 months, and he stills hates tummy time, he has now learnt how to roll and whever i lie him on his tummy he tolerates it for a short time but then after a few mins he just rolls back over onto his back. He doesnt crawl yet but when i do lie him on his tummy he has only recently the last week or so started pushing up onto all 4's into a crawling position then after a few mins he gets mad and gets upset and wants to be back on his back. I wouldnt worry she is still only tiny just keep perservering for a few minutes at a time. My little boy is very good at other things he can sit unaided, babbles loads and if hes next to something like the sofa etc he can pull himself up, i think he will walk before crawling tbh. MAybe you could try lying down right next to her on your tummy with some rattles etc and encourage her that way.
Bumbos are good though they have to be able to support there heads but they really help strengthen there backs and learn them to sit up, also the jumperoos are fab, my little boy bounces like a trooper in his now. Not got much advice just wanted to share my experiance with you so sorry for waffling lol! xx

have you tried putting a rolled up towel under her chest so she isnt so close to the loor then putting a mirror or u lay facing her to help focus her my lo is 5 months and only just started rolling front to back she has got loads stronger since sittig in her bumbo x

aww bless him! Thanks 4 the reply its nice to know its not just Poppy who hates tummy time! lol

i have like a padded thing that came with her playmatt thats suppose to be for tummy time.
i think cause my sons been slow & iv seen how hard it is for him not doing thinngs & tiering for me having a 2 year old who doesnt walk properly i think im just mega paranoid shes going to be the same.

:wave:

I'm not really sure what the best thing to help is, but don't worry too much that she hates tummy time, my lo screamed if he was on his tummy!! It didn't matter what I did he hated it, but one day he was turning over and the next thing I knew he was trying to crawl, but it didn't last long as he didn't like crawling so swapped it for standing and trying to walk.

I honestly can't remember one day that he enjoyed being on his tummy, I think he was frustrated because he couldn't make his body do what he wanted. She sounds like a beautiful happy little girl that just hates tummy time xx

my lo HATED tummy time!!! when he got to about 6 months he could roll front to back and vice versa, berfore that he just wasnt interested at all, now he sometimes sleeps on his tummy. he hates his bumbo and arches is back to try and get out!!! dont worry she will do it in her own time!!!

Isla hated tummy time too. She only rolls from front to back as she hates it so much. She prefers to stand or sit.

We have a bumbo and jumperoo and she enjoys being in both and they have helped in her standing and sitting development.

I wouldn't worry, every baby learns at different paces

I walked at 14 months, my brother was 9 months!

Emma x

Drake is 7 months and still isn't keen on tummy time! I honestly wouldn't worry though Hun. A bumbo was recommended to me by the HV to help head control, if you could borrow one for now to see if she likes it first and If she does then it's worth investing in (not all babies get on with a bumbo, luckily mine loved his!)

look on your local markets i picked one up in ood condition for 10 pound well worht the moeny x

Thanks everyone for the advice!
I have a bumbo already, got it from a boot sale for a fiver, bargain! lol
Will try her in that later, I guess I'm just worrying for no reason i mean shes only 13 weeks.
I just keep seeing babies her age and a few are younger who lift there head up loads on there front and thought omg my baby doesnt do that whats wrong with her! lol

my LO hasnt rolled yet either n is nearly 6 months, and too she hates tummy time, stick her in a door bouncer or hold her hands and she will stand up for about 10 mins, but my MIL said my hubby was the same, didnt crawl but walked instead, so im not too worried,
poppy will learn to do things in her own time, good luck tho!

xxx

Don't worry hun, ella used to hate tummy time too and now she's rolling all over the place! One thing you can try is having her on her tummy but on your chest skin to skin, she might like that but I honestly wouldn't worry.about it x

Lizzie will only lift her head up during tummy time if she's wide awake and full. If she's even the teeniest bit tired she will just lay with her face flat on the floor crying bless her!
I went to baby group the other day and the woman there was like 'is she showing signs of sitting? is she starting to pull herself up to crawl? is she starting to have proper food?'....I'm just like, no, no ,no lol!!

Josh hated tummy time till about 5 months!! Lol!! He would just scream but we started laying him on us so his weight wasd on his tummmy but didn't feel like he was flat and then slowly moved him lower x

yes thats how we got amelia to tolerate tummy time by lying her on our chest so she could see us x

Every baby is very different. Sofia has always loved tummy time and can roll both ways and she's younger than poppy! She can sit aided really well too, and has baby rice for dinner. That's how different all babies are! They all grow up to be adults that are healthy and well. For example I was an early Crawler and walker and the next person could have been a slow walker but we are all the same now! Sometimes I wish Sofia wasn't doing so much as she wasn't a baby for long at all! I want her to slow down lol! X

Completely agree with lexi-kieron is growing up far too fast but my other kids all did things at different ages-Ryan (eldest) was an early walker/crawler whilst ben was a bit slower and matty even slower but you wouldn't know to look at them now. It is just numbers on a bit of paper-everyone is different. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same :) make sure you mention any concerns to your health visitor xxx

My little man at first hated TT at first but i asked my HV ways to strengthen his neck and she said to hold him against your belly and then talk to him and they tend to try to look at you. my lil man was lifting his head clear off my chest and looking at me in the eyes after a week. I did this after every feed and now when i lay him on the floor he pushes himself up on arms.

Attachments

• Photo0362.jpg
    Photo0362.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member