How often do you do it?

kizzibea

Reaction score
I'm blaming Louise for this one, we've discussed CM, we've discussed farts. Now it's time for :bd:! Again!

I'm just looking at my record (because I'm obsessive and make notes on things like this) and we've done it ten times in the last eleven days (with only two days when we haven't done it at all).

For the past three cycles we've been trying to do it every other day but we keep failing. The first month we started out really well but by the end of the first week we sort of got carried away.

I want OH to conserve his little swimmers so he's got some good reserves when we :bd: but we're both a bit too up for it and if I'm not up for it he'll just service himself ;) So I figure if he's getting them out there, we might as well put them somewhere where they'll be useful.

So please, either reassure me that we're not messing up our chances by using up all the good stuff, or give me some hints on how to restrain ourselves. :lol:

bromide....lol xx ;)

Last edited:
I may have read some of that wrong but are you saying your not supposed to do it too much??? To conserve?? God I am blonde arnt I!!!

xx

they recomend every 2-3 days dont thy well at least 3 times a week i saw something like it on jezza too!!!
then they say sperm can last 3-5 days but sometimes 7 so i just ben wen we feel like it, talk bout relaxed approatch, dont take this approach as it aint working lmao !!!

Oooohhhh well you learn something new everyday!

Its usually everyday for us but I have only seen him twice out of the past 2 weeks due to him working away!

So I really don't think this month will be the one for us :-(

x

A month or so back a bunch of people got their :bfp: & only did it a few times so I want to go for the less is more approach. and It's not working! :lol:

Samsgirl, do you think I could order some from eBay? ;)

They recommend 2-3 times a week but i only bd a few days before ovulation and the day of so i dont think it matters much xxx

Last edited:
Blooming eck, i have no idea how this thread is my fault lol

I think it's best to mix it up personally... one cycle go all out, maybe the next cycle every other day, maybe one cycle 3 times per week - just whatever you feel like really but if you try everything then at least you know that isn't what is causing you to see that BFN.

BTW - i have zero sympathy for you not being able to have as little sex as you'd like to have lol ;)

12 times this cycle, and all for nothing!

Glad to have my TTC holiday over Xmas, I'm sooo over it! ( for now anyway!)

xx

12 times this cycle, and all for nothing!

Aw sorry Maybe :hug:

Oh no - i forget you was going on "holiday" :shock: I don't want you to go :cry:Can you at least wait until i get my AF?

Last edited:
Have a great holiday maybe!!

Ahhh well you never know! It could work in my favour! Can't wait for the 15th next month! It seems so far away!!

x

Oh no Hun, don't worry I'm still here, Hubby's away that's all although i'm gonna go away in Jan if I'm not preggers!

I'll still come on here, just ban the OPKs and welcome the vino!

I'm at my Mum and Dad's chilling in my old bedroom room very relaxing, I'm feeling a bit better now, it just really caught me by surprise today!

How long to go for you now?

xx

I dunno :oooo:

At the latest AF should be the 28th, but with my OV being a couple of days early i keep waiting to find myself caught out.

I'm feeling pretty pre-menstural.

Also, I'm feeling pretty horny tonight and that tends to happen the day before - i think it's because of things going on down there just before she shows.

Last edited:
It's normally once or twice a week for us, occasionally 3, depends how tired I am tbh get up at 5am for work :-(
I've read that should be every 3 days as something to do with production of new swimmers or something

Hope I've not screwed my chances by over BD'ing. We did three times yesterday, Morning, just home from work and during our power cut late last night. That's in addition to the few other times over the last few days.

Def think I'm OVing, because OH can't keep me off him.

Hey ladies...just sticking my neb in uninvited!!! When I got my BFP I had been BD'ing several times a day every day for a week over my ov time. So in my book you can NEVER do it too much!!!xx

When I got my BFP I had been BD'ing several times a day every day for a week over my ov time

:oooo:

Should we do it once a week? Three times a week? Every other day? Once a day?

Nope.

We need to be doing it several times per day :wall2:No pressure.

Several times a day when I OV is no problem, at other times, nah, that just won't happen!

Haha...hey, no pressure intended from me Louise...just sharing! What I meant was that I don't think that it's always the case that you can do it too much.xx

How many is several?

Above a few (ie 4) or more than seven?

Once in the morning and once at night might be do-able for a day or two but i'm sure he's soon be complaining of achy balls after that :)

We did it once per day for 5 days in a row one cycle, but by the sixth day he was like "Owwwww my balls ache :cry:" :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back