How much weight was baby, water and placenta?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering how much of your pregnancy weight was made up of baby, water and placenta - in other words, how much had you lost immediately after birth?

My friend lost 1stone 8lbs as soon as she had baby (who was 7lb) and I thought that sounded a lot - just wondered what was the norm? She did put on over 6 stone throughout the pregnancy tho.

Thanks in advance :D

Piglet xx

Hi,

I lost 2 stone giving birth. Kate was 9lb so the water and placenta mustve weighed quite a bit! I saw the placenta actually and it was HUGE! Couldve done without seeing it actually. :puke: I put on 4 stone altogether. :oops:

I lost about 1st 10lbs after giving birth and Nathan was 9lb 5oz. There was about 7lb left which came off over the following week. Pity the extra 5st I was already carrying didn't come off too! Lol

Hiya,
I lost 1 and a half stone giving birth to Libby (she weighed 8lb exactly), then lost another half a stone over the course of the next 2 weeks :D

I think the figures vary depending on your original BMI but heres a guide

Where the weight goes
The following list shows roughly where the extra weight goes for a woman of average weight for her height, but you can expect to put on anything between 9-13kg (20-35lb).

Baby: 3.4kg (7.5lb)
Placenta: 0.68kg (1.5lb)
Extra fluid: 1.36kg (3lb)
Increased blood: 1.25kg (2.5lb)
Amniotic fluid: 0.8kg (1.5lb
Uterus: 0.9kg (2lb)
Fat deposits: 3.18kg (7lb)
Breasts: 0.5kg (1lb)
TOTAL GAIN: 12.02kg (26.5lb)*

taken from http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/ ... unting.asp

this one helps you work out what your individual weight gain should be http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

I lost 3 stone 8 pounds within 2 weeks, alot of that was water!

i lost over two stone the day after from the day before, i had a LOT of water tho and she was 8lb 15oz

my baby was 7 pounds 7 ounces. the first week i lost 1-and-a-quarter stones (including baby!) the second week i lost three-quarters of a stone and the third week i lost 2 pounds. all without trying! dont worry it falls off! ill let u kno my weight loss (if any lol) after 4 weeks this sunday :hug:

I put exactly 2 stone on and Lennon was 8 lbs 1 oz so just over half a stone so I imagine a good amount of the rest was the water as my belly was huge!! I lost the 2 stone I put on over the whole of my pregnancy in about a week

some people are lucky.. i put on a lot and hardly lost anything.. although i ate for britain.. and put on a bit of fat.. i was retaining water as i had pre-eclampsia,... but nevermind eh

god knows what ill do if i gain 6 stone , im not the lightest now ill be absoluty obese !

Thanks everyone, I think it's really interesting!

My friend has started on the atkins diet - I think it sounds yuk! But she has done it before and lost shed loads of weight! I am expecting to put on just over 2 stone by the time baby comes out - so fingers crossed a lot of that is water! My stomach is HUGE but I havn't seemed to put much weight on elsewhere :pray:

Guess it won't be too long till i find out..... :D

Thanks again for your reply's!

Piglet xx

I had lost 2 stone after the birth. Jake was 7lb 2oz so the rest of it must have been placenta and fluid. After I had lost that 2 stone I was still 1 stone heavier than I was pre pregnancy but i've lost it now.

Hi

Before i had Kadyn i was about 200 pounds and now im 180 so lost just over 20 pounds havent weighed myself in almost two weeks though and aint allowed to exercise yet so think the last bit of weight will take a while
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back