Weight gain - or not??!!

X5OT

Reaction score
Hi all :D

As this is my first pregnancy, and not knowing what to expect along the way, I was wondering about weight gain. I know what the books say, but nothing beats personal opinions! I lost 8lbs in the first 13 weeks due to feeling constantly sick (didn't actually get sick, but just felt it all the time). I am 15 weeks today, and have put on 1.6lbs of the 8lbs I lost (so I am still about 6lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight). Now, don't get me wrong, I am hoping not to gain excessive weight during my pregnancy. Although a total weight gain of 2lbs every 15 weeks does sound good for me, (but not for little tubster), but I was wondering what others had gained / lost by 15 - 20 weeks. My nausea has almost disappeared (yay!) and I have been eating normal amounts for the past 2 weeks (cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, small dinner, and a few snacks in between).

Many thanks in advance.

Hi X50T,

I too lost weight to begin with but after my sickness stopped at 16/17 weeks my appetite has become like nothing on this earth???? I seem to have hollow legs or something. I was 11.5 stone pre pregnancy and I stopped weighing my self when I got to 12.5 as it was all too depressing, that was about a month ago!!!!!!!!!!
I am now 23 weeks and I daren't imagine what I might weigh??!!

I've gained almost a stone so far.
was 8 stone to start, Im now about 8 st 13lb.

But only really started gaining from about weeks 16-18, and it was slow to begin with.

xx

i am eating like there is no 2moro and altho i dont usually weigh myself during pregnancy, my mw has got it all written down and i have put on 7lb since i found out. im quite surprised cus with my DD i put on loads but i also had loads of water retention. i think its different for everyone tho so we will all put on differently.

xxxxx

I have always had problems with my weight. I suffered with an eating disorder on/off for about 2 - 3 years and I am very pleased to say that I have put on just under 2 stone since being pregnant.
I eat so much these days and so far I have eaten more chocolate in these 6 months of pregnancy then I have in my whole life.

Thanks for the responses so far girls :D

its hard to say how much i gained UP TO 16 weeks, coz i never weighed myself b4 i got pg, although i think i was about 8_7. i was weighed at my 16-weeks blood tests and was 9_3. by 24 weeks i was 10_5 and now i'm nearly 39 weeks and i'm 11_4. hope that helps. x

I think it's strange that all of you girls mention (and worry) about your weight, but don't say what your height is: surely it's all relative?

I mean, 8 stones might be okay pre-pregnancy for someone of 5ft, but underweight for someone of 6ft :D

I have gained over a stone, but I put most of that on in the first 2 months and haven't gained (I have actually lost weight) since. My weight loss started when I was on holiday in Paris a few weeks ago because the food (for vegetarians like me anyway) was awful and I've had a dodgy stomach ever since. :?

And Gem, I'm not the same weight as you, but we're both in Scotland and due around the same time, so i just wanted to say, "Hello". :wave:

Wendy
xxx

:wave: well i have put on just over a stone too... now i am 10.5 stones I am 5'3" .... I have always had a flat tummy and a huge bum........ NOW i have an even bigger bum and quite a big bump... this is my 5th pregnancy which i am blaming the excessively big bump on... :rotfl:

I was 10 stone 4 when i gave birth to my first child.. and 11 stone 2 when i gave birth to my second son........ so i reckon I will be lucky to stay under 12 stone this time... given that I am older and more lazy now :roll:
oh well.... just need to breast feed to lose it all... who knows might even go down to my ideal weight..... 8 and a half stone...... :rotfl: dreaming now.. sorry... not been that since 16...... oh GOD 20 years ago.... :cry: :shock: :rotfl: Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

I was overweight when I got pregnant (11 stone and only 5ft tall :shock: ). I have put on just over a stone and half through pregnancy so far but I'm not getting worried about it because I would rather just deal with the pregnancy and do something about the weight after LO arrives :D

I have been worrying about my weight as I seem to be very slow at putting it on :?

I am 5'4 ish and weighed 11 stone pre pregnancy and now weigh 11'5 when I weighed myself on Monday. I wasn't toned or anything or did any exercise so have no idea why I am getting bigger round the tummy but not weighing more! LO seems to be growing nicely though! :D

Madam Bully, you are probably losing weight from elsewhere on your body and LO is growing so weight is cancelling out if you know what I mean :D As long as LO is growing properly then I wouldnt worry, everybody differs in the weight department during pregnancy :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back