How much weight does baby gain per week from 34 weeks??

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
Hello All

Just wondering on averge how much weight does baby gain in the last 6 weeks. I am now 34 weeks, and had a scan today, to make sure the placenta has moved up (was too low). All ok and everything has moved up. Baby yawned whilst being watched, LOL. Everything else as far as the scan shows is ok and confirmed it was a little girl, so i will now go and wash those pink things.

From the measurements they have said baby already weighs 4lbs 7oz, so i was wondering on averge how much does the baby gain each week during the last 6 weeks. Little worried that i might be having a big baby, at 5'2" and was a size 8 sounds a big baby to me. :shock:

No idea hunny but I'm sure you will be fine I've been warned I'm having a big baby due to diabetes but I'm unsure if I will now, My weight before I was pregnant was 11st 5 lb and I'm only 12 st 1lb now at 24 weeks so I am guessing it may be bigger than I'm expecting or he might not be :s x

Sorry if this doesn't help lol I'm just wondering how my weight effects baby too x

First off, congrats on the placenta moving and on your definite baby girl! :)
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (probs on the ticker website) that at 34 weeks your baby should be approaching 5 lbs and at 35 weeks it's 5.5lbs. Don't know if it continues at this rate but sounds like your LO is on the right track!
Not to scare you but my SIL was told she was expecting a small baby, had to go for growth scans etc, but then went 10 days overdue and my niece came out 9lbs 14oz! So you can never know lol

I think it is about 1/2lb a week from week 34 onwards but i'm not sure xx

I'm nearly 35 weeks and my LO weight is only 4lb at the moment

I was told half a pound a week from 35 weeks x

i got told the same 1/2 a lb per week from 30weeks,

my little person at 30wks wen we went for a 4d scan was 3lb 12oz, n the guy said baby should be 7-71/2 lb if they come ontime,

xxx

Im only 5ft 3 and had my daughter on time and she weighed 8lb 7oz!
They had thought she would be small too cos i only put on a stone when pregnant. I was 8 stone before falling pregnant. This time round is the same, ive only put on 1 stone but they want me to have a growth scan cos they think she is too small but going by last time im sure she will be fine. Im sure they put on about half a pound a week in the last few weeks roughly

I wish I had a baby weight from my sizing scan to give me an idea, he was right on target, but what is the target! ha ha

Congrats on conf your having a girl, will be lovely to wash those pibk clothes now!

Glad your placenta has moved up and congrats on your little girl!

I've got no idea how much my little one weighs - have to wait until delivery day!

My lo measured 5lb 11oz last week at 33 weeks :shock:

Thanks for your replies ladies.
Midwife yesterday told me i was having a small baby, LOL.
I know the weight is only an estimate, give or take a pound (which really is a lot of difference when it comes to baby weights).

I had a lovely midwife appointment yesterday.

update on my babies weight 5lb 5ozs at 33 weeks 6 days :S so now expecting a big fatty lol x

Last edited:
Hmmm the sonographer said my LO was 4lb 1oz n that was 2 weeks ago. I don't want an 8/9lb bby ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back