Weight gain - slowing down?

frances2009

Reaction score
I'm nearly 31 weeks pregnant and have gained weight consistently throughout the pregnancy so far.

However, things seem to be showing down a bit now though when I thought they should be speeding up? Making me worry a little... I'm sure I'm eating enough (always have 3 meals a day plus other snacks like fruit/yoghurt)

I had my 30 week midwife appointment last week and she said I was measuring 1cm under for my weeks.

I had a scan at 28 weeks and the estimated baby's weight was 2.82lbs which was above average.

I've put on 17lbs in total so far, my start weight was 124lbs.

Has anyone had this? Isn't the baby supposed to be just getting fatter in these last 9 weeks or so? Should I be worried?

What's everyone else's weight gain in the last 10 weeks?

I'm stressing :(

Ive only put on just over a stone and I only have 5 weeks left! but my fluid levels are low so thats why.

I'm sure its nothing to worry or stress about hun. Sounds quite a healthy weight gain to me x

ok thanks erin, that is reassuring. probably just worrying about nothing but thought i'd be stacking it on by now!!

It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about if your eating okay - i suspect you'll be back to putting on weight soon enough! My weight slowed about this time but is back to a growth spurt again!

I wouldn't worry - I went round to my Auntie's yesterday and she was like "Have you lost weight?" I was like "WHERE?!" lol! Although when I look in the mirror, I have started to go in at my waist again...might be how baby's lying though.
I dread to think how much weight i've put on but I agree, mine seems to have slowed down too x

At about 26weeks id put on 8lb in total since 1st getting pregnant, i havent weighed myself again tho lol but at 28weeks my lil man was 3lb 1oz which is well above average but im planning on him being nearer 9lb.

I dont think its anything to worry about to be honest. some people dont put on hardly any weight in pregnancy and others put on loads. Baby may have had a growth spurt and may just keep having them :)

And if midwife thought anything then they will keep sending you for growth scans so i wouldnt worry! x

It all sounds normal enough to me, i'm not fully sure how much i've put on if i'm honest because i keep forgetting to weigh myself, i intend to jump on the wii fit today just for my weight before LO arrives but never seem to get round to it. They say your tummy measurements are your weeks in cm, plus or minus 3. Thats all within the normal range so your measurments sound normal chick, its easy to worry about things though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back