How much weight are you putting on?

jodied

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A sensitive topic I know..... but just wondered how everyone is doing weight wise?

I weighed 10 stone 7 lbs when I got married on 31st May 2010.

Then I went on honeymoon over the summer and the weight crept up to about 11 stone 4 lbs. I managed to lose the 4 lbs and was exactly 11 stone when I weighed myself at 6 weeks pregnant (about 4 weeks after the honeymoon).

Since then I haven't dared to weigh myself. I know that I have put weight on and I'm scared that I will already be heading up too fast. I really don't want to put on too much weight during pregnancy because then it will be so much harder to lose afterwards. The midwife said a healthy weight gain is 2 to 2 and a half stone.

It took me from Christmas to my wedding day to slim down from 11 stone 8 lbs so around 5 months to lose just over a stone and I'm worried that I'm already back up to that at about week 10 of pregnancy. I suppose the only thing to do is to weigh myself and see! Have to do that in a morning though for an equal comparison.

Sorry for rant just wondered how everyone else is feeling and/or if you know how much you've put on? (and if you are prepared to share it?!)

Thanks

Jodie x

Lol, I dont mind sharing...

I was around 10 stone when I decided to TTC, and I came off weightwatchers, where I had just lost 2 stone, so was feeling pretty damn good.

Since getting pregnant, I feel like I have put on a stone! Butall round my middle - i feel bloated, and my trousers are starting to get too tight, and hurt a bit by the evening. I deicided to weigh myself today, as I was at a friends, and it says I am only 10st, 4 lbs, which I dont think is correct, for me to have only put on 4lb in 2 months (especially after I have just eaten nutella out of the jar - yummm). Then again, im hoping it is all just bloat, and things wont be that bad come the end! I really dont want to put on too much weight, but think im on a downward spiral already!
x

We are all putting weight on for a very good reason hun, and im not going to lie, it is hard to shake off once you have had your baby but just enjoy the fact that you dont have to even think about losing weight for the next 9 months atleast.

I used to run alot, was doing half marathons or 10ks every other weekend so i know now im not running as much(if at all) ive put a huge amount of weight on then im going to have my baby plump on top of that im going to be the size of a house, but im going to enjoy it and then look forward to the hard but rewarding challenge of losing my baby plump once my little bean is here x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive not put on any weight yet at 15 weeks but thats only because I started a complete lifestyle change on 26th June and apart from throwing up lotsthe last few weeks, I have been really sensible and had a weight loss every week.......

HOWEVER I know once the sickness stops and I have an appetite again I will probably gain some weight although I am under consultant care for existing medical problems and he knows and is ok with me loosing weight.

With Dd I gained 4 stone and tbh that was mainly coz everyone told me ahhh eat what you like your eating for two...so I did! This time I know Im not eating for two only feeding two....so dont intend on gaining that much through stupid eating habbits but I dont have a a problem with any weight gain as like M2adam said its for a very good reason....

Try not to worry and enjoy it all....theres ways and means of loosing the baby weight afterwards xxx

Thanks lea and M2A - I like your attitude M2A! I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and weigh myself and see what the damage is! Maybe a few more healthy meals are in order - be good for baby anyhow! x

Ive not put on any weight yet at 15 weeks but thats only because I started a complete lifestyle change on 26th June and apart from throwing up lotsthe last few weeks, I have been really sensible and had a weight loss every week.......

HOWEVER I know once the sickness stops and I have an appetite again I will probably gain some weight although I am under consultant care for existing medical problems and he knows and is ok with me loosing weight.

With Dd I gained 4 stone and tbh that was mainly coz everyone told me ahhh eat what you like your eating for two...so I did! This time I know Im not eating for two only feeding two....so dont intend on gaining that much through stupid eating habbits but I dont have a a problem with any weight gain as like M2adam said its for a very good reason....

Try not to worry and enjoy it all....theres ways and means of loosing the baby weight afterwards xxx

Thanks Wilma - as you say we will all just have to lose it afterwards! x

Thanks lea and M2A - I like your attitude M2A! I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and weigh myself and see what the damage is! Maybe a few more healthy meals are in order - be good for baby anyhow! x

It may not be as bad as you think - mine was only 4lbs, if I believe my friends scales! I just feel a lot heavier, lol! x

oh guys im so glad u brought this up! i was 10st an size 10, i certainly can not get in my size 10's now!!i feel very plump if it wasnt for a better word! im very worried to be honest i really do not want to put on more than 2 stone!! cuz its so hard to lose when u have a new born baby to look after ontop of going straight back to work (health allowing) and a todderler!
i have NO BUMP!!! but just chubbed up everywhere!! and im excersizing still 4 times a week! i think this is something we can not help - i think that if the weight wants to go it will!!
my problem is i cant stop bloody eating do u think this is too much -
7am breakfast - 2 x weetabix +milk
10am - 2 small wholemeal toast with jam
1pm - tomtoe soup + round of bread
3pm - handfull of chips + 2 x chicken nuggets (stolen from my LO)
6pm - 3 x chicken fajitas

also 1 chocolate animal bar an a strip of liquerish

omg looking at this, this is terrible!!! please somebody what is ur opinion am i well over eatin???

Before i had my first baby i was 12 and a half stone...

i went mad eating cakes and pastries and whatever else i fancied all the way through the pregnancy... I put on over 5 stone and at the end of it weighed 17 stone 2!!! Which i very much have regretted ever since! I thought "oh when i've had the baby that weight will go"... er wrong... i dropped 1 stone immediately and that was it! So 16 stone 2 was my new weight!

I managed to get back down to 13stone by the time my little girl was nearly 3 years old and when I got married this time last year i was still 13 stone (i'm 5ft 10)

since we got married i have put on nearly 2 stone - back up to nearly 15 stone.

Since August I started going to a gym and doing very light excersize, swimming and aquasize etc and then got my bfp in sept.

i have been trying to eat alot more healthier this time and am determind not to put on 5 stone again. Weighed myself yesterday and I am 14 and a half which i am very pleased that the gym and healthy eating is helping me to lose nearly half a stone (doctor and gym instructor in full support).

i was very surprised to find out that it is recomended you only need an extra 300 - ish calories for the last trimester only.

in my last pregnancy i went full-on with the "eating for 2" for the whole 10 months and The Bakers Oven and my lack of will power had alot to answer for!!!

Saying that some of my friends are lucky enough to stay their little size 12 throughout just with a perfect bump and then they are back in ther jeans within 3 months!!! what i would give to be like that!!!

so this time i am going to be much more healthy but only because i know my metabolism and how eaaasily i pile on the pounds. if you are one of the lucky ones who can eat what you want then go for it!!!!!

...and whatever happens your baby and your OH will worship you like a god regardless of your weight once you go through labour and produce a gorgeous newborn baby!!!

yeah treeze that was pretty much waht I did with DD...its so easy to do when you think oh I can loose all that later...but I think just eating releatively sensible and healthy should be ok...and dont worry jody..we will all loose it together when were all ready lol Im sure we can start a weight in thread and support eachother xxx

i have so far put on 5lbs from when i first fell pregnant. i think it would have been more but i had severe morning sickness up til 18 weeks! so far so good, just dont want it to creep too high! think you shouldnt put on more than 2 stone. but hey, everyones different and you cant panic too much about weight gain. just work hard after the baby is born and everyones a winner! x

Thanks everyone - glad I'm not the only one worrying about this!

I'm sure I've been indulging too much though but I feel better if I eat (I only feel nauseous if I'm tired or hungry!) Rubbish excuses I know.

Misty I don't think that's too much - today I've had:

7.30am - rice crispies
11.00am - hot sausage roll from Greggs - oops!
1pm - crackers and low fat philadelphia cheese, mini tomatoes, a packet of snackajacks and a low fat cereal bar
6.30pm - prawn curry with rice
7pm - bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce

Treeze - you are doing fab hun well done you! I must get back to exercising more again before it's too late

Wilma - Definitely up for a weightloss club after we've had our LOs!

Flexilexi - I can't believe you have only put 5 lbs on - I bet I've done that already!!!

Last edited:
yeah def up for that Jodi I post every week in the health room and I get lots of encouragement from the girls and it also keeps me focussed so a def after babies are here xxx

jodied ur eatin is well healthy i need sum tips!!! thats it im cuttin down as off tomo!
this weekend i ate a whole pack of hob nobs (choc coated yum!) 93 cals each!!!! and a whole terry's choc orange!!! but cuz had no fags at all in 9 days iv been flirting with the choc way too much!!!

jodied ur eatin is well healthy i need sum tips!!! thats it im cuttin down as off tomo!
this weekend i ate a whole pack of hob nobs (choc coated yum!) 93 cals each!!!! and a whole terry's choc orange!!! but cuz had no fags at all in 9 days iv been flirting with the choc way too much!!!

I don't think sausage rolls and ice cream count as healthy just if you eat them with some healthy stuff!!! Oops! I'm going to try and start eating more fruit and veg as no way do I get 5 a day!

Well I've put on nearly two stone in a year!!!! I'm about 12 stone :( this time last year I was 10.1 When I was younger I had an eating disorder and went down to 6 and a half stone and I was quite ill. Then I was on lots of medication and ended up nearly 15 stone. Managed to get back down to 10 stone. Eating disorder isn't a problem anymore but I do find it hard to get all my 5 a day and eat the right things every day.

I like Wilmas Idea, we can all support each other after babies are born :)

x x x x

I agree and in the meantime I think we should declare any naughty things we have eaten on here to shame ourselves into being good! Because if you have to tell someone about it it makes you think about eating it! x

Wow Soph that's not much to eat hun! Now I feel really naughty!!! 410 cals a day is not much at all so hope you are eating more than that now! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back