Weight loss

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Tanya4beauty, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Tanya4beauty

Tanya4beauty Well-Known Member

I only found out on Friday that I'm pg and I'm just worried about the amount of weight I'm losing already! I'm 5' 7" and currently weigh 9 stone 5 which is fine but I was 9 stone 10. I have lost 5 lbs over the last two weeks and although my appetite isn't as good as normal I am definitely still eating! Put it this way we had a couple of xmas dos at the weekend and I had a three course meal on both Friday and sat night and then had a full roast and chocolate brownies for dessert on Sunday!! Is it normal to lose weight this early on?!! I'm sure I won't complain later on in the pg when I feel like a beached whale but I'm just concerned!

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why ur losing weight if ur still eating quite normal. I've lost around 1 and a half stone so far, and not put any back on yet. This is because of severe morning sickness rather than just losing weight. Keep an eye on it but I wouldn't worry about losing weight as its not uncommon in the first tri xx

#2 kanga86, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. coruscating17

coruscating17 Well-Known Member

I've lost a couple of Kgs and have a good appetite again now, but there was a few weeks there where I didn't have an appetite..no sickness though. I'm putting some of my weight loss down to lack of alcohol!!

4. BumbleTumble

BumbleTumble Well-Known Member

i lost about a stone. but i really dont know why.
    even though i wasnt eating alot due to sickness, it was still loads compared to what i was eating before i was pg.

am putting it back on now though, but may be just bloating.

5. Tanya4beauty

Tanya4beauty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm normally really careful about my weight but since getting pg I don't care as long as my baby is healthy! If my metabolism is going to be this fast I'm going to enjoy eating lol xx