how much raspberry leaf?

trixipaws

Reaction score
ok i bought my raspberry leaf pills, they are 450mg (theres 100 of them)

i'v got 20 days left til i'm due- i kno i need to build up the dose- how many shall i start on and how gradually shall i build them up?

i kno i shoulda asked at the health food shop i forgot :doh:

I'm not sure about the tablets. I drink the tea and know 'dosage' wise I've been told:

28 - 32 weeks = 1 cup daily
32 - 36 weeks = 2 cups daily
36 weeks + = 3 cups daily

I did find this online for you though:

How is Raspberry leaf taken?

Raspberry leaf can be taken in tablet form, teabags, loose leaf tea, or as a tincture. Raspberry leaf can be purchased from many health food stores or from a health care practitioner. Due to the limited research on raspberry leaf - the ideal preparation and the ideal dosage is not known at this stage.

The following guidelines on consuming raspberry leaf during pregnancy have been taken from Parsons (1999):

Tablets - Take two 300mg or 400mg tablets with each meal (three times a day) from 32 weeks.

Teabags - 1st trimester- one cup per day -2nd trimester - two cups per day -3rd trimester - up to 4 to 5 teabag cups throughout the day.

Loose leaf tea - Bring one cup of water to the boil. Remove from heat and add one teaspoon of the herb. Stir, cover and let sit for ten minutes (do not boil the herb), strain and sip. Adding sugar or honey many improve the taste. 2 to 3 cups per day is often recommended especially after 28 weeks of pregnancy.

Tincture - A tincture is an alcoholic extract of the herb raspberry leaf. The dosage will depend on the strength of the tincture.

hehe i keep forgetting, i'm supposed to take them b4 every meal, i had cereal for lunch today and i'd eaten half the bowl b4 i remembered to take it :roll: i'm rubbish at remembering pills thats how i got pregnant in the first place lol

on the ones i took from health food shop it was three capsules a day, with food

trixipaws said:
i'm rubbish at remembering pills thats how i got pregnant in the first place lol

OMG too funny!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think before/during/after the meal will be fine.......stick a note on your PC screen that says "take RL pills" everytime you sit down to log into the forum/emails etc you'd see it and think "oh yeah" and (hopefully) go take them! :hug:

I got some at the weekend.. am taking 2 a day after my dinner as that is what it says on the back of the pack?!

not entirely sure why I am taking them though... just blindly following you lot!?

i have only drunk like one a day :oops: ... they are nasty i don't like it but i will try and drink some more...

do you put like honey init.. i put a tiny bit of sugar still tastes :puke:

get the tablets babe....

mind you they were £7.50 for 100!!!!! I couldn't find them so the till assistant went and got them and rung them in before I realised or else I would not have bought them...

They are a bit pricy but i think stephen was before his due date because i took them regulary from 36 weeks.expt the last week i took a extra one a day! wouldnt do it gain!

These links will help explain why raspberry leaves has become popular;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/l ... ourexpert/

http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=67&page=25

Trixipaws I take 800mg 3 times a day, the dosage increases as your weeks do, but in general the only suggested advice is that you avoid if you've had a previous miscarriage, and before the last 2 months of pregnancy, but please obviously always ask your MW or GP before taking supplements as we're all different and just because someone else can take something, doesn't mean we all can, take care :hug:

im gonna ask mw about it on tuesday :)

keep forgetting to take it! :wall:

i need to get better at taking pills or i'll hav 10 kids by the time i'm 30! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back