• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much does your baby sleep during the day?

maybebaby

Reaction score
Austin has 3 naps a day of 30 minutes each, one mid morning, one after lunch & one at about fiveish. I can't get him to sleep more than this! He then goes to bed at 9pm and usually wakes up for a feed at 4, then sleeps until 7.

(but last night he slept through from 9pm-7am I'm so proud of him!!!)

II was just wondering if it's normal to sleep so little during the day at 3 months? I thought he'd be having longer naps by now.

Grace also has 3 x 30 minute naps...............

She goes to bed at 7 pm, gets a feed at 10 pm when I go to bed, then wakes up again at 1pm and 4 pm and then sleeps until 8 am

When she wakes for a feed during the night she feeds for 10 mins then goes straight back to sleep...........

Her day naps are usually about - 10, 1 and 4 ...........

That exactly what Nathan does. Up at around 7am. Nap at 10am, nap at 1pm and nap at 4pm. He then goes to bed at 8pm and sleep through. He sometimes only has 2 naps though and gets himself really tired but he just doesn't like sleeping in the day no more.

Jack does the same, only about 3 x 30 minutes per day. The only way he will sleep for longer is if I lay down with him, as I did this afternoon and had a little snooze myself!!

I thought that Jack would sleep for longer in the day, but I have come to accept that he obviously doesn't need it!

Thomas has a mid morning nap of about half an hour and then if we are in during the day I take him upstairs and lie on the bed with him and he has about 1-2 hours in the afternoon. He then gets ready for bed at half six and is usually in his cot by 7 he then goes right through till half six then back to sleep again till half eight, I am quite pleased with this pattern, although these things change don't they!

Dylan is like this aswell and it worried me a bit too.
like 3 or 4 naps of about 1/2 hour and about 4 or 5 hours a night.
Is this enough for a 3 week old baby?

Well every day is different here, sometimes she doesn't nap at all, well maybe like 10 mins but barely worth mentioning.
Then we have days like today where she has a 2 hour afternoo nap, really depends on how she's feeling.
She goes to sleep at 8.30pm & then wakes at 8.30am so I am more than happy with that arrangement.
I think (or should I say hope) she will start to have an afternoon nap as she gets more active & tires herself out, so that I can get things like the washing up done in one go :D

oran is the same with his naps he doesnt have loads but when he does there never long

so far I have got him in to a routie of up at 8, then we (Yes I said we :rotfl: ) go for a nap at 9.30, this can be anywhere between 20 min and an hour then the rest of the day is as and when although he starts to get grizzly after about 2 hours of being awake so I usualy try and get him to nap then, and even a 10 min powernap cheers him up lol

It's nice to know he's fairly normal, I was worrying he wasn't getting enough sleep. He's slept through 9pm - 7am for 3 nights running now!!! He seems to have dropped his 4am feed so I'm over the moon!

Finley gets up about 8am, has a sleep about 11am for half hour or so, sometimes this one is only 10mins tho :shock:

has an afternoon nap about 2pm til maybe 3, 3.30pm, and another nap about 5pm for half hour, though past 2 days this has been nearly an hour

then goes to bed at 9pm, and wakes up about 4am,

luke gets up at 8ish has an hour ish in the morning normally around 11am then he like s a longer nap in the afternoon of 1 - 1 1/2 hours normally around 2ish this all changes if we are out and about though. then he goes to bed at 7.30 -8.30

willow goes to bed at 6:30ish till 5am up for a feed then back to sleep til 8:30 sometimes she will nap for 30 mins at about 10:30 11 ish and then after her 12:30 feed i put her down for a nap which will be anythin from 1 hour to 3 hours then she will have a little snooze with me on the bed for 30 mins at about 5 ish then bed at 6:30

willow likes her sleep like her mummy. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back