Not sleeping during the day

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Jake has been a dream to put to bed for a few weeks now, he drops off in about 10 minutes without any fuss. He sleeps right through then wakes up at about 5am (Ive been giving him a bottle because I think he is hungry but Im worried Im reinforcing him waking at 5am) Anyway his nursery nurse mentioned today that he doesnt sleep during the day anymore. He might sleep for 20 mines or so, but not an hour or more like he used to. Is this normal? I thought babies needed daytime naps until they were at least 2 or 3 years old.

Stanley's started skipping naps now. I know he's a bit older than Jake but I think it might be weather related rather than an age thing.

He's very hot during the day and busy playing in the garden. He's waking at 5am too and I think it's because it's so light! We need a blackout blind or something. He's not been eating much either cause of the heat.

Hope the boys start napping soon, I love that hour or so in the day :lol:

If we're out Isaac will sleep in the car but nowhere else, but if we're at home he'll nap anything between 1-4hrs, but still sleep his usual night roughly 7pm-7am regardless of how much napping he's had. In Jake's case, it could be because he's at nursery, does he nap at home on the weekend? He could be waking for the 5am bottle too, is there anyway you could play/lay with him for a while at that time instead of a bottle, and try and leave the bottle for later and later as the days pass?

I've no idea what I'm suggesting, no experience, but it's what comes to mind, if he's happy and healthy I really wouldn't worry too much about it, but see your HV too if you are :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/toddler/sle ... o18months/

Tangerinedream said:
I thought babies needed daytime naps until they were at least 2 or 3 years old.
thats what I thought before I had Tia... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: she was 9 months when she stopped sleeping during the day...my HV said I had to make her sleep :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I wouldn't worry if he seems fine and happy in himself tbh....

Paris dropped her naps around that time too :shock: she was a real misery from 4pm onwards though :wall:

Squiglet said:
Tangerinedream said:
I thought babies needed daytime naps until they were at least 2 or 3 years old.
thats what I thought before I had Tia... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: she was 9 months when she stopped sleeping during the day...my HV said I had to make her sleep :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I wouldn't worry if he seems fine and happy in himself tbh....

How do you MAKE a baby sleep :think: I guess whoever figures that one out will become very rich :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back