How old and how much does your baby sleep!?

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Just curious to see how much other babies sleep...

Isla is 8 weeks. She is generally asleep for the night by 8-8.30pm and then normally wakes up at 1am/2am; 5am/6am and then 8am/9am.

During the day she tends to have lots of little naps - around 30-40 minutes max.
She seems to only last 1 hour/1.5 hours before needing to sleep again.

Charley's 17 weeks and sleeps 7-7 but wakes during the night at midnight then 3.30.
During the day he has about 4 naps ranging between 30-45mins each time and I can only keep him awake max of 2 hours before he gets really cranky!

Ross is 7 months today :yay: and goes down at night at around 9pm, sleeping through til 8 or 9am depending on how loud daddy is stomping about getting ready for work. When we're at home he'll have at least two naps, sometimes three lasting between 40mins and 4 hours!! :nap:

Zaks 8 weeks tomorrow. He is doing pretty similar to Isla which is kind of good to know. He sometimes does alot better than other nights and will go about 5 hours without waking but normally its like clockwork that he wakes every 4 hours. Some nights he wont go to sleep until around 2am and has been awake all evening. Nothing I do seems to make him sleep but then other nights he will sleep from around 9. Does Isla feed each time she wakes during the night ? Zak does but is starting to only have a really small amount at the middle of the night feed so hoping he will settle with just a dummy soon and drop that feed.

Zaks 8 weeks tomorrow. He is doing pretty similar to Isla which is kind of good to know. He sometimes does alot better than other nights and will go about 5 hours without waking but normally its like clockwork that he wakes every 4 hours. Some nights he wont go to sleep until around 2am and has been awake all evening. Nothing I do seems to make him sleep but then other nights he will sleep from around 9. Does Isla feed each time she wakes during the night ? Zak does but is starting to only have a really small amount at the middle of the night feed so hoping he will settle with just a dummy soon and drop that feed.

Yes, she feeds every time she wakes. But thinking about it, over the last few days she has been feeding slightly less on some of the night feeds... Will see how that goes. She doesn't have her dummy at night atm - only during the day but I'm waiting for her to 'ask' for it at night!

Lizzie is also 8 weeks. She goes to bed at 9 and is usually asleep by half past, wakes at about 2am for a feed and then we get up at 6ish. Sometimes she'll wake before 6 but I never take her downstairs before then.
In the daytime she has short naps (30-45 mins) at about 9am and 4-5pm, and a long nap between 11-2ish :)

Not that anything's set in stone of course, she probably does this routine 5 days of the week and does something completely different the other 2 days!

Drake is 19 weeks and sleeps 9-9.30pm till 6am waking around twice just for his dummy, he sometimes wakes up more but the last fee days he's been much better!

He'll normally have 2 hour naps twice a day, the rest is 30-45 minutes.. Maybe an hour at the most. He's normally tired at around 1.30 hrs after a feed or falling asleep sitting up in my laps after 2 hours! He loves his sleep lol

Zac is nearly 7 months and sleeps 7pm - 7am and has about 3 daytime naps of between 15mins to an hour x

Cahal is 6 months and sleeps 7pm -7am with on wake up, usually about 4am, and naps about 4 times during day, usually for about 45 minutes a a time

My Isla is very similar. Her first sleep of the night is long then lots of shorter ones. Apparently "sleeping through the night" is 6 hours for a baby and 12 hours for a 1 year old

amelia is 8 weeks old today and does very similiar bed at 8.30-9ish then wakes anywhere between 12 and 2 then up at 6 but has gone from 9-0340 one night and that was good hope she does that more often x

Just curious to see how much other babies sleep...

Isla is 8 weeks. She is generally asleep for the night by 8-8.30pm and then normally wakes up at 1am/2am; 5am/6am and then 8am/9am.

During the day she tends to have lots of little naps - around 30-40 minutes max.
She seems to only last 1 hour/1.5 hours before needing to sleep again.

Sofia is 2 and a half weeks old and has almost exactly the same pattern. except she sleeps a little longer during the day in the afternoon, 2 til 4 usually. x

Tomos is 14 weeks but really should only be about 5 weeks and he needs feeding every 3 hours day and night. Last night is the first night where he's slept reasonably well he went from 10pm to 3.30am, and the until 7.30am. When I woke up this morning I actually felt like I'd had some sleep, I just hope he'll do the same tonight. xxxx

Mila is almost 3 months old and she is on a really great schedule.

She goes to bed at 11pm and sleeps until 730am. She wakes up at 730am and eats for 15 minutes then goes back to sleep and proceeds to sleep until 10 - 10-30am. In the afternoon she takes a 3 hour nap between 1pm - 4pm. With a few cat naps in the afternoon. She has been on this schedule for the past month! And even though we have traveled from England to North America she has been able to maintain this schedule :)

Jasmine is 5 weeks and she has just changed her routine.

7.30am ish feed then 8.30am then 11.30am then 2.30pm, 4.30pm, 7.30pm 9.30pm through to 12.30am(off and on) she keeps changing it a little though so I've woken up early today typical.
I have been told she is cluster feeding at night which is really draining me but looking at what others have put It looks like I'm getting an easy ride.

Last edited:
Mila is almost 3 months old and she is on a really great schedule.

She goes to bed at 11pm and sleeps until 730am. She wakes up at 730am and eats for 15 minutes then goes back to sleep and proceeds to sleep until 10 - 10-30am. In the afternoon she takes a 3 hour nap between 1pm - 4pm. With a few cat naps in the afternoon. She has been on this schedule for the past month! And even though we have traveled from England to North America she has been able to maintain this schedule :)

Gosh Aiden (coimg up 3mths) is exactly the same!! Naps on and off from 8pm, feeds at 11pm and sleeps until 8am, feeds and a little play in bed and goes back to sleep 9am to 11am, then naps on and off through day for 30mins ish depends what we are doing! Thats great that she naps 3hour in the day! xx

Zak slept so badly last night. He settled around half 8 but then was awake by half 9. Stayed awake til his 11pm feed then slept from 12 til half 12 then was awake til 4am !!! screamed for abit but then was just sat there looking at me, he fed again at half 3 then was put back in bed by 4 and was asleep only until half 7 then was up all morning and had a little nap around 12 and is now back asleep and has been for about an hour ! im shattered cos iv been running round cleaning whilst hes been asleep. the last half hour is the 1st rest iv had all day. x sooooo hope he does better tonight and is a good boy for his mummy cos im on my own as oh is working nights x

Freddie goes to bed about 7pm, I dream feed him when I go to bed and then he wakes up about 6-7am depending on how loud DH crashes about in the morning on his way out to work.

He feeds every 3 hours during the day and usually has a nap about an hour before each feed for between 30mins-1hr, although he doesn't often nap before his bedtime feed at 6.30pm which is useful cos then he's really tired and goes straight to sleep afterwards.

Lately though he's learned to roll over and when he wakes up at night on his belly he cries - was up every half hour with him the other night from 1am to 4.30am. Not been so bad since then as we've learned he needs to be in a really deep sleep so he doesn't wake up instantly when he rolls over - in a deep sleep he can sleep on his belly fine until he stirs naturally. Hoping he learns to roll back on his own very soon though!

Eva is 10 weeks old. She naps on us on and off from 7.30pm. We give her a bath and feed at 10pm and she's usually fast asleep and in her basket by 10.30/10.45pm. She'll then sleep through til 6.30am, feed, go back to sleep at 6.45/7am until 9.30/10am. She doesn't nap much during the day, depending on what we're doing she'll nap anything from 1 hour minimum - 4 hours maximum throughout the day, until the evening.

bethanyann- thats brill

zak went from his worst night sleep on wed night to his best last night. he was dozing between 7 an 9. fed at 9 dozed til 10.30ish then was awake til 12. then he fell asleep til 5 ! then was back asleep at half 5 and woke again at 9.30. i no its nt amazing bt its the best hes ever done. im so proud of my little boy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back