Help please.......does thrush affect the chances of you getting pregnant??

babyg

Reaction score
Hi ladies

This might be a really stupid questions but I aint got a clue.

Does thrush affect the chances of getting pregnant?

Me and bf keep getting it, have done the tablets and cream but its back for the 3rd time this year :(

Hope it doesn't but I don't know so any advice would be grateful

Thank you very much :)

all iv ever heard is its symptom of pregnancy lol :)

You and ur bf should avoid sex for a while, and both take the appropriate meds to clear it up, because it does seem that you keep passing it back and forth between you.

But if ur having regular sex, it doesn't affect ur chances of conceiving, as far as I know.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

i agree with jayjay about avioding sex for a while just to make sure you dont pass it back to one another.

I used to get thrush around every 3-4 weeks as i am on long term anti-biotics and although i wasn't trying as such for my LO she was conceived within 6 months from coming off the microgynon pill so i would say its shouldnt affect you :)

I asked this question or similar to it a few weeks back as got the dreaded itch on cd 13. Got some really helpful advice from eliviasmummy

"Had exactly the same thing infact that's what brought me to this site as I thought it was a sign of pregnancy! And i tell ya it bloody hurts if u have sex with it, I used the cream and my aunt ( who is a midwife) said the cream has no effect with me ttc at all, after two days the burning went... Still itched but could have sex then! I used caneston duo however didn't take tablet as I thought I would just try the cream and see if it subsided the symptoms and it did and it never returned but I was told it wouldn't effect u if u was pregnant either , good luck hun xx"

Last edited:
I used to get thrush from time to time and we got pregnant after 5 months (after coming off pill) so dont think it affects anything!!
xxx

Thank you very much for all the information :) my internet broke at home so come on this on my phone, which takes sooo much longer grrrr.

Got the cream but think I will get the tablets too, just incase.

Been waiting for AF which has arrived this morn so it shud all be clear up by time AF has finished :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back