Worried about my partners weight

Loola

Reaction score
I know that ladies that are overweight may find it difficult to concieve, but could the male being overweight cause fertility problems too? My partner is a big man, about 22 stone, though he is very tall and broad shouldered. I do worry so much that his weight might be what is stopping us from concieving. Its very difficult to talk to him about it as I think he would be somewhat offended, and the pressure on him would be catastrophic!

Has anyone else shared a similar experience or do you have any advice? Of course I am encouraging him to lose weight for his own sake anyway, but does anyone know whether this can really affect our ability to have children?

hi hun all i can say is that my husband is 6'4 and about 22/23 stone and we have not had any problem concieving, i am also a size 22

hmmm not sure, I havnt ever read anything that suggests being overweight can effect male fertility, but then IVF criteria does call for BOTH of you to be a "normal" weight (whatever that may be lol) but i'm not sure if thats for fertility or just a criteria not connected with fertility?

It might be worth a chat with your doctor to find out, you dont have to tell your OH about it unless your doc says yes it is a problem.

Hope you get some answers :hug:

My hubbie too is 17 stone but 6foot worried his weight may be cause of probs. its hard to get on the subject of testing at docs as men are so scared. He refuses to go to docs and says if it dont happen it dont happen MEN!

i dont think mens size can affect anything there are loads of bigger guys out there who have no problems. good luck :D

i dont think mens size can affect anything there are loads of bigger guys out there who have no problems. good luck :D

Thanks for all your replies :) I really hope it does all work out ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back