How many cartons of milk will I need...

Zoeox

Reaction score
for my hospital bag??

Not yet been on my hospital tour so not sure if the hospital provide any milk or not but I have some just incase which I will take with me anyhow. How many do you ladies think I need to take? x

My hospital don't. I plan on bf but I'm taking 2 cartons with me. DH can always pop out and get more if we need it. We will be in for 24 hours apparently and bubs can feed every 2-3 hours xx

Are you taking the big cartons or little ones?
We have brought the little ones. x

I plan on bf but taking 4 small cartons with me. Been told my hosp provide milk anyway but just in case. Lol.xx

I have 2 little ones packed. May pack a couple more just in case!

Last edited:
I was thinking about 3/4 but wasn't sure if this would be enough. Think it should be though. xx

My hospital doesn't provide milk but I plan to BF anyway. Even still I have put a big carton of ready milk in my bag just incase x

I plan on breast feeding but have 3 just in case. If you're planning on formula feeding I'd bring a few more.

My hospital dont provide milk anymore (they used to) dh bought 6 small cartons, not sure wether to take all 6 or not tho cos been told with this being bubs #3 i could be in/out within 6 hrs xx

im not taking any. the colostrum you produce for first couple days is all baby needs- i have even read and had confirmed by MW that even if you produce only a teaspoon of this, it is much higher concentrate than normal milk that will start flowing few days later, so they will be satisfied on the little you have.
if for any reason i cant even produce that (tho i already get little bits leaking now and again) then the hospital would provide you with stuff- just think about the ones who go into labour in emergency and have not even got hospital bag with them, the hospital have to help you so dont worry too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back